Author Topic: modern house  (Read 3036 times)

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
modern house
« on: February 21, 2008, 15:11:01 »
I want to share the photo of the modern house I just gave to my daughter for her 5th birthday. I was not satisfied with it, it looked so small beside the victorian house and 3019 castle. So I added a floor. I think it looks good, I just need a few small parts to perfect it.

to get the parts for the extra floor, I had to dismantle my hospital. I then remodeled the police station, the bottom floor is for the police & fire, the upper to floors are for the hospital. there is a 3-story elevator that can't be seen. I think it looks great! The kids like it too  :D

i hope this turns out.

anne

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
Re: modern house
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 15:27:57 »
Hello Anne :wave:

Certainly a wonderful house. A big living room on the 2nd floor, an elevator and horses under the balcony - what more can you ask for???

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 15:34:49 »
Yay! I got the pictures on right!  Thanks for the compliment. We just got those new donkeys, they are so adorable. I have to get a few more of those! She wanted the kitchen to be big, so that was her idea....and the laundry set was so cute I out that in there. I have since added a partition between the laundry and living room, and a partition wall between the living room and babies room. I really should do something to divide the children's bed from the parents room, shouldn't I!  :lol:

Anne

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 15:46:51 »
Very impressive, indeed, and thanks for showing us it.   :)

Over here big kitchens are the in-thing for designers, usually being open to the dining area (if it isn't part of the kitchen) so that the hostess can chat with the guests while she's preparing the meal (or, of course, the host can do the same while he's preparing the meal). 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 16:00:17 »
Hi Anne!

That's a great idea to add another floor to the house. It will certainly give your daughter more scope to play.

My 8-y-o daughter has this same set with the addition of one extension floor (#7337) but she still finds it difficult to include all the room sets which she has for it. I think we may have to invest in yet another extension set. 8}

It seems like each time I look at the house, she and her older sister have moved all the furnishings around in order to create a new layout. (Interior designers in the making, perhaps? :P) I'll have to show them how you have set yours out. 8-)

Thanks for posting your photos! :)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 03:56:16 »
Hello Anne,

Thank you for sharing the photos, the extra floor does give more scope to move things around! I especially like the bicycle leaning up against the house by the corral. One question though, is that a tree in the upstairs bathroom? Just wondering.

Gepetto

Offline extjmv

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • deMartina.com
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 10:25:07 »
I made another mod to the house to make it more playable:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 14:50:10 »
I wonder if any Estate Agents or Interior Designers ever use Playmobil to aid their work? Fittign furniture into a room, at least in the UK, can be quite a chore.

My house is a 1860s Victorian mid-terrace, and as such we have a very narrow staircase and doors, while the house is spread over three floors. Almost all the furniture has been assembled in situ, and if we ever want to remove it we'd have to take it to bits again - and then we'd lose the plans!

Offline playmogirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 14:55:31 »
Hello Anne,

Thank you for sharing the photos, the extra floor does give more scope to move things around! I especially like the bicycle leaning up against the house by the corral. One question though, is that a tree in the upstairs bathroom? Just wondering.

Gepetto

Yes that is a Christmas tree in the bathroom. Unfortunately I forgot to move it before I took the picture! Its in the living room now.

Anne