Author Topic: Medievals collection  (Read 6187 times)

Offline Tricornejock

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
Medievals collection
« on: March 12, 2007, 07:44:48 »
Hello,

Last week end, I remove a old medieval diorama and make some photographies. I hope you enjoy of this. If you have some questions, I will try to give answer so good I can.

You can see another details here:
http://www.tricornejock.com/html/medieval.html

I wish you a lot of fun.
Best regards,

TJ  :)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:43:27 by Tricornejock »

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Medievals collection
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 09:43:01 »
There's something so appealing and enchanting about the older medieval Playmobil figures. :love:

I almost prefer them to the later ones because of their simplicity and lack of printed pattern.  8-)

You have a fantastic collection, TJ! I aspire to have one as nice as this myself one day, but I still need to get a few more of the old framework and castle buildings.  ;)

Thank you for sharing the photos! I really enjoyed them. :)9

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 11:32:34 »
I agree with Sylvia about the appeal of these early figures.  There's a simple innocence with them.  Their faces seem different from the modern figures somehow.

And as for your collection and the photos - fantastic!  The quantity and condition of those old figures is amazing and the detail of the layout and composition of the photos is truly outstanding.

Thanks for showing us them.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 06:16:25 »
You said it Gordon,

The photos are amazing in every way!!
The quality of the shiny accessories are perfect, all of them :yup:
However i was happy to see one damaged cup somewhere in a photo ;)

And what happened to the whip the ox-cart driver is holding :'(

A wonderful collection TJ

Rob

Offline Tricornejock

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 10:06:27 »
..... And what happened to the whip the ox-cart driver is holding :'(....
Rob

Yes I was surprised myself when I looked at this photography. But the whip isn´t brocked. It is only a perspectiv of this, there is optic illusion ( Difficult to see, that´s right ). But if you compare this whip on the another photographies, you can see that it is right curved  ;)

Thank you too to everymembers for a nice commentaries.

Best regards,
TJ  :)

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 10:11:21 »
I thought it was an optic illusion myself, but came to the conclusion it was really broken..
I'll have another look an will look very hard to see the illusion this time 8}

Rob

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 10:14:37 »
No it's broken (just kidding)
If you would try to create such a photo again, i'm sure you wouldn't succeed.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 13:02:55 »
Hello, Philippe ...

I just looked at your marvelous Medieval collection!

Your photographs are excellent!

I noticed that you have left the old arms (without the moveable hands) on all your Klickys.

In 1986 I visited Zirndorf and Dietenhofen with my family. Playmobil was kind enough to provide (free of charge) enough new arms (with the new moveable hands) for me to convert all of my old Klickys. I still have all the old arms. And, I could change them back, but I really disliked having green hands, and red hands, and black hands, and blue hands, and white hands, and yellow hands on my Klickys. And, I also didn't want to use the children with the new hands with the old Klickys (or even the new Klickys with the old Klickys without the new hands).

Playmobil has created a similar problem for me with their new horses. I like both the old horses and the new horses, but I can't use them together. Just like the old hands, it just doesn't look right to me. (Same problem with the new cows.)

I don't know what I'll do if Playmobil ever decides to put noses on their Klickys ... ;)

Thanks again for sharing your Medieval collection.

All the best,
Richard

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 20:17:54 by Richard »

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 14:42:10 »
I don't know what I'll do if Playmobil ever decides to put noses on their Klickys ... ;)

OMG NO!!! That would be an abomination  :o

I don't have much to add TJ... very nice collection indeed.

Offline Tricornejock

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 06:09:06 »
I separate old Klicks and new because they are two very differents arts of toys.

The first one are image and creation "hand made". I have to look after old hand made drowings about klicks and horses from Playmobil factory. They was imagined from architects or designers to give a most simply than possible form at toys and to the childrens a most part of imagination and amusement.

Today with a new models I can see somethink else. The designers have sure a lot of fun at PC too, the molders and technics are different but for me, a lot of forms are like a soap pieces and with another caracter. All forms turns in the same direction. To have a nice pieces, you have to mixed a straits and curved lines ( It is so for everythink, toys, gardens, accessories, etc... ). This is particulrary to see by horses, they are sure the best exemple to explain. And I´m not sure that a childrens have more amusement than before.

Some people can mixed a two arts of Playmobil, me not. I´m no more childrens and simply player. I like to look deep behind a toys Playmobil propose on the mark.

Kindly I will say that a first generation of klikies are more simply and not automaticly better but they simulate another functions by peoples.

TJ  ;)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 07:18:25 by Tricornejock »