Author Topic: Victorian Carriage  (Read 4853 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Victorian Carriage
« on: June 26, 2011, 13:41:21 »
Well here it is. I took only a couple of pics because outside is freezing! 4 degrees!!!

Anyway.
Here is Antex set #13254. Geobra’s equivalent would be 3245. I bought it specially to customize it. I wanted it to look less western diligence and more “ London Victorian passenger coach”, hopefully I did a good job…me thinks!  ;D

The stickers came with the set and I think they are great. The horses are fantastic and the grey one is specially beautiful!
As we talked in the other thread, the gap problem was a mixture of original design plus some Antex blooper. And this is how I fixed it. I made an L shape piece out of some” foamboard” to fill the gap from the back and the roof, so you can’t see the interior form any direction. Then I painted it same color as the rest of the coach, though it could have been black also. As foamboard is kinda soft it takes the shape of the roof structure perfectly.

The interior is not finished but as you know, originally it is very simple and plain so in order to make it more Victorian- looking I must add some things. I first made very comfortable cushioned seats just printing a seat and cutting it the right size, then glued it. The effect is very good and as it is not form a bulgy material, the clickies can sit down just fine. I’ll do the same with the interior of the doors and maybe the ceiling.

I will make some curtains out of modelling paste to add too.
And here are some pics of the Victorian carriage being used by Victorian playmos.  :love:

Related to bonnibeth’s thread about customs go wrong, there are 2 things here that went really wrong and turned out to be pretty good things.

1)   The wheels. They were supposed to be all dark(like the rays) but the plastic is so pulished that the paint would not stay on. So I took it away and they look like this, which turned out better IMO.
2)   The roof, apart from being oddly shorter that what it should have been, it was twisted. I try to heat it to straight it but I melted so I had to cut part of the railing. I left the hooks so I imagine they can tie some ropes there to hold the luggages in place.

:wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Victorian Carriage
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 14:25:34 »
It's gorgeous, Gaston! Really good job. Funny, actually the wheels are one oof my favorite things about it, and you say that was a mistake? :o I love the two-tone. And very good job filling the gap, it blends nicely. The seats.... you mean those are just printed on paper and glued on? They look perfect.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 14:33:06 »
Nice lookin' carriage there Gaston!  I really like those seats.   :wave:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 14:44:24 »
Really great carriage....

Is that spray painted? I never did anything of the sort... But I'm tempted.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 15:12:18 »
Lovely carriage Gaston!! Very smart idea on closing tha gap!! The stickers look like the old german police klicky stickers! Lovely!! and the interior!! I've never seen such interior in any carriage!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 15:15:03 »

That looks wonderful! :wow:

So the curtains you are going to make will not be flexible?
Why not make some from felt or other fabric? Then, I suppose, the problem is how to hang them up...?  :-\

Great work! :love: Thanks for braving the cold to take the photos. ;)

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 16:39:15 »
That's excellent work, Gaston, and the seats look just as if they were bulgy and padded.  I was amazed to read that they were just printed on paper!

The luggage rack looks very neat and the idea of the front area for large parcels etc to be tied on is a very clever way of recovering from you "disaster".

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 17:50:31 »
Thank you everyone!  :love:

It's gorgeous, Gaston! Really good job. Funny, actually the wheels are one oof my favorite things about it, and you say that was a mistake? :o I love the two-tone. And very good job filling the gap, it blends nicely. The seats.... you mean those are just printed on paper and glued on? They look perfect.
yep the wheels were an accident but I really like them. Beside the whole thing would have been too dark with the whole wheel in dark brown. Like this they have certain sofisticated look  ;D
And yes, the seats are printed on paper and glued. Just look for "capitoné" on google.

Nice lookin' carriage there Gaston!  I really like those seats.   :wave:

Thank you!  ;D

Really great carriage....

Is that spray painted? I never did anything of the sort... But I'm tempted.
Yes it is airbrushed. I use Humbrol enamel, it dryed in 4 hours yesterday.

Lovely carriage Gaston!! Very smart idea on closing tha gap!! The stickers look like the old german police klicky stickers! Lovely!! and the interior!! I've never seen such interior in any carriage!
Thank you Panos! The stickers must be from some Spanish version. There are more stickers I didn't use with the words CORREO and DILIGENCIA. They look too good to be originally from Antex.

That looks wonderful! :wow:

So the curtains you are going to make will not be flexible?
Why not make some from felt or other fabric? Then, I suppose, the problem is how to hang them up...?  :-\

Great work! :love: Thanks for braving the cold to take the photos. ;)
I thouhgt about that, I mean the felt curtains.... but Im not sure. I wanted to emulate the curtains from the yellow stagecoach. BUt maybe it would be more victorian to use some white translucid embroidered fabric  :love:

That's excellent work, Gaston, and the seats look just as if they were bulgy and padded.  I was amazed to read that they were just printed on paper!

The luggage rack looks very neat and the idea of the front area for large parcels etc to be tied on is a very clever way of recovering from you "disaster".

Thanks a lot Gordon. It turned out all right, I felt pretty stupid when I melted part of the roof.  :'(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 18:10:09 »
I like the idea of embroidered sheer curtains, that would be really awesome.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 19:18:37 »
 :clap:
You covered up the gap really well and I love the colours (the wheels look great).   :yup:

A really nice custom. 

naflibomyalp
[img]