Author Topic: Kingdoms Map: Rules of engagement  (Read 8397 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Kingdoms Map: Rules of engagement
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 14:47:37 »
As for the question of cannons,
I don't think they should be used.
Or maybe there should be a limit to how many you can use?
Ok, how about for every 300 men, you can have 1 cannon. :)
Since the time period allows cannons,
but they would have been expensive and fairly uncommon.

Clong, Your Egyptians could still fit in with these Medieval troops. :)
Egyptians were using basically the same type of armor as they Playmobil have,
in Roman times, until maybe the 14, 15th century? ???

Of course we can always have one map and run at the same time trade and any wars making it all more realistic etc etc , but i prsonally prefer the two maps as that would make all happy me things

I think one map is all we really need.
There is no reason to have two, and I think a more realistic setting
(aka, having to establish certain alliances to move from place to place)
Could be much more fun then 2 maps. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 14:47:55 »
WoT, honestly, H-1 or G-1 is fine, whatever suits you best .

And maybe this could be the 1st rule of war:
  • War or battles will ONLY happen if all parties involved agree upon going to war, and spoils of war (territory in the map) will also only be earned among previous agreement among all parties involved.

That way there will be bloodshed but in a controlled manner :viking:. And we could also make things a bit more interesting to everybody (and harder for the waring nations). If you want to attack a nation, you can only move over free or allied territory or from the see (if, of course, you have a navy). So if someone wants to attack a neighbor of mine but does not share borders with them (if the only access is through my territory), then they first have to ask my permission (= make a treaty with me). That will spike the politics throughout the map  :cham:.

And a question: are we going to make banners and choose names for the countries?
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 14:54:37 »
WoT, honestly, H-1 or G-1 is fine, whatever suits you best .

And maybe this could be the 1st rule of war:
  • War or battles will ONLY happen if all parties involved agree upon going to war, and spoils of war (territory in the map) will also only be earned among previous agreement among all parties involved.

That way there will be bloodshed but in a controlled manner :viking:. And we could also make things a bit more interesting to everybody (and harder for the waring nations). If you want to attack a nation, you can only move over free or allied territory or from the see (if, of course, you have a navy). So if someone wants to attack a neighbor of mine but does not share borders with them (if the only access is through my territory), then they first have to ask my permission (= make a treaty with me). That will spike the politics throughout the map  :cham:.

And a question: are we going to make banners and choose names for the countries?
That is what I feel, yes. :)

And I hope everyone creates a name for their Country.
I already have, the name of my Kingdom is Rutileo.

I think it would also be fun if everyone expanded on that,
like, Rutileo's government is a Monarchy,
their main trade resource is Wheat,
although they are a large trading country so they also trade numerous other products.

Everyone can go as far as they want,
I myself am going to search through some old folders
until I find the one with a 4 page long worksheet
on how to create your own imaginary country...
And all the questions that need answered. :P ;D[/list]
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 14:57:22 »
As for the question of cannons, I don't think they should be used.
Or maybe there should be a limit to how many you can use?
Ok, how about for every 300 men, you can have 1 cannon. :)
From a historical stand point they should be used, but the only thing that worries me about them are the rules. Unless you guys already have some base rules for PM warfare, I think their use would be a huge complicator in battles. And also from a historical perspective, they were very expensive back then, so a cannon to klicky ratio would be an interesting feature. I think the same should apply to catapults and balistas.

Citing history (again), more then probably a Roman legion would clean the clocks of most Medieval armies in equivalent size, up until the widespread use of gunpowder. I'm not so sure about the Egyptians, but the discipline and strategy of Roman troops would be more then a match to more "modern" armies, even with the heavier use of armor and specially, cavalry.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 14:57:55 »

In that case I may as well ad my eguptioan troop and roman troop together add another 1000 klickies . Yellow Dragons I am on me way to your Kingdom with more troops !!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Actually i think we should limit to the mediaval playmobil klickies . and we cant pose limits to cannons / armies etc , whats the point of building an army then.... i think cannons and dragons should be excluded and keep the engagement rules simple and realistic, each Kings actual army in klickies should reflect his strengh in battlefield ( strategy on top of that of course ) , this way its only fair for those who have been preparing for playmobil wars

Or the other alternative is have all battles outside this map but things will be a bit boring here surely...  ??? ??? ??? ???
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 14:59:56 »
ok all points taken.  ;D  ;D ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 15:02:12 »
I think that our villages, armies , infrastructure should be for each nation based on what we have pictured and our photostories , otherwise its all going tobe too virtual, i think all that will be on that map shoudl be based actual real set ups and klickies ...  :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 15:04:23 »
Oh come on, no Romans???  :prays:  :'(
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 15:07:27 »
Oh come on, no Romans???  :prays:  :'(

I have no probs personally with this at all, i dont see though how they match , romans and egyptians verus vikings and knights ...  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Suits me fine though , it means i will have a 2500 klicky army to invade Yellow Dragons  and a much much bigger navy with over 10 ships in total , much bigger cavalrty and even more catapults neraly 50 ......   ;D

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 15:09:03 »
I have no probs personally with this at all, i dont see though how they match , romans and egyptians verus vikings and knights ...  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

It could be kind of like Deadliest Warrior.  ;D Put cheng's samurai in there, too.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.