Author Topic: Hrothgar's Wrath - Viking Longship Custom  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Hrothgar's Wrath - Viking Longship Custom
« on: March 03, 2006, 02:04:43 »
Ahoy mates - I've another custom for ye from the Captain's shipyards, though this be from another time and place.

Vikings, of course, be early pirates, and they've a special place in me black heart! So what would be more natural than to customize a longship. (Actually, this is the second one I've done. The first was a wee bit more hysterically accurate.)

This fine ship be Hrothgar's Wrath, the raiding ship of Hrothgar Grimsson, war chief of the fierce Dragon Clan! I hopes ye like it, and if'n you don't, then tough!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: Hrothgar's Wrath - Viking Longship Custom
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 02:05:48 »
Here be a couple of pics of ole Hrothgar hisself, with some of his lads. Most of 'em
are straight outta the box, but Hrothgar and some others of the boys be customs. I can show ye better pics if ye have an interest.
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 08:13:06 »
Last one - this time a clean pic of the empty ship.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 08:21:04 »
Another great ship and customs, Cap'n.  Thanks for showing them.

On the last pic, are the oar supports for when the oars are not in use standard or a custom?  (I've never seen the longhip empty before.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline pastifi

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 08:23:46 »
Thats a great ship Captain Henry! Well donne!
and now you know my question: does it come out in Pink?

Cheers
Panos

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 09:35:07 »
Wow - you are extremely productive. The sails you have created for all the ships in your family are fantastic. Do print these on paper or is it a similar fabric like the one geobra uses.  I am really tempted to buy me a pirate ship and turn into a state ship to fit my Renaissance theme.
Cheers
Michael

Offline deadeye dick

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Capt'n of the Punisher
    • Deadeye Dick's
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 18:54:27 »
This is again a really nice ship !!! Do you still use QuickFuse for the sails?
Check out Deadeye Dick's hideout @ www.deadeye.be

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 20:36:11 »
Thank you all for your comments!

Regarding the sails for the ship, yes I still use the Quickfuse material. Until i find something else that work as well or costs less, I will probably continue to use it. I pay $9 (less if I can get it on sale) for 3 sheets of material (I know it is more expensive elsewhere). A full set of sails for a 3053, for example, takes 6 sheets. The viking ship sail uses two sheets, so is not that expensive.

For those who do not know, Quickfuse is a fabric material that comes in regular sized sheets and can be printed on. I use an Epson inkjet and get great results. The backside of the material is a heat-activated adhesive. You just run an iron over it and it adheres to any other fabric. I use two sheets of the stuff and adhere them to each other - this gives me the ability to print front and back, as well as giving me a decent thickness and stiffness to the sail. I ope that makes sense.

Oh, and Pastifi, for now there will be no pink (or purple, as my son calls it) barbarian longship - they are the sworn enemies of my Dragon Clan, as well as my Wolf Clan, warriors. Besides, my son's barbarians already have the Shadow Dragon ship. I gave him the choice of a customized longship or galleon, and he chose the bigger ship. Imagine that! ;)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 00:59:58 »
I really like this one, the longship is more versatile than it first seems.
I have always liked this color combo too.

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 09:42:29 »
Very nice!