Author Topic: Giorginetto's Questions on Trains  (Read 12458 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Giorginetto's Questions on Trains
« on: January 02, 2010, 11:59:16 »
Hello all

As some of you know I have been busy setting my mediaval collection for the first time after 10 (!) years . I am though very keen to do something about the western train i have . Before finding, buying  any western stations etc i want to get it to work !!!  . I dont have any transformers, connectors for my 4034 western train ( plus two extra wagons i have ) , can someone tell me what i need to have it plug and play ?? got tracks and space for it but no clue to what else i need ....  ??? ??? ??? ???...... thanks !  :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Giorginetto's Questions on Trains
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 15:11:04 »
Hi Giorginetto  :wave:

Sorry I am on a different voltage than you so we use different transformers . I would imagine your task will be to find an LGB transformer that has a track power clip rated for your country. You could either get them on an auction site listed under G scale trains or form a shop. 

More fun awaits you  :**:
   Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 16:26:31 »
Hi Giorginetto  :wave:

Sorry I am on a different voltage than you so we use different transformers . I would imagine your task will be to find an LGB transformer that has a track power clip rated for your country. You could either get them on an auction site listed under G scale trains or form a shop. 

More fun awaits you  :**:
   Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

thanks, i have  found the numbers for thesre transformers for 220 voltage but  do i need anything else line 4351, 4363,  and especially 4372 parts ??
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Online Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 16:48:41 »
Yes you will need a power connector like 4351 or 4372. That is the piece that takes the power from the transformer and puts it into the metal rails.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:57:52 »

IMHO, the LGB 5016 (50160) power terminals make much a better connection from your transformer to your track.

see attachments

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 13:53:47 »
Hi  :wave:

Yes that is the one Richard. I have both the one piece clip on and the individual screw on type. The screw on type is a much better connection and really is easy to use. The one piece can be fickle and I do not like it. I have one that when a heavy train goes around the unsecured track it makes the connection break contact and all power to the engine is lost  :'( . I have never had problems with the other system

This is the other one

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 14:08:57 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 18:53:21 »
This is the other one

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

I use this one for my western train and it seems to work alright - never had any problems  :)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 19:42:46 »
thats great , thanks a lot all  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 10:57:18 »
I have the western train with the original G scales and a numebr of wagons for it. its about time i brign this train to life could someone tell me what control unit and wiring i need to get this train to move on the rails, i udenrtsand there are older and mo renew units for that , could someone tell me which are the best and what i need exactly. The train has never been used its still boxed, do i need to do anything else before i connect the rails to electricla supply? please someone tell me with links what i need to get exactly. .. thanks in advance !!!!

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 13:12:41 »
You need a (DC-)transformer (for your country) and a »connector« (and some tracks). That's all.
I don't know which electric system is in your country (where do you live -> Greece?).
So you have to take the transformer for your country (Germany: 220 V; USA 110 V;...).

DC-Transformers of Playmobil or LGB (in Germany):
• 0 to about 16 volts
• Connection: in FRONT/RED+BLUE (side/black+white is for lightning,...)

4375 (D german Version)
4378 (UK Version)
4379 (US Version)

or (only Germany?):

Connectors
(to connect the transformer to the track):

LGB 50160 (better connection than Playmobil 4351/4372)

E.G.: If it is Greece (same electric system as Germany):
Playmobil 4375 (german Version) or 4359 (more power!) + LGB 50160 (for better connection, but Playmobil 4372 also is ok).

Good luck (ask if there are more questions)!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 13:28:14 by zugpferdchen »