Author Topic: Custom SPEEDER idea!  (Read 6543 times)

Offline glazz74

• Playmo Enthusiast
Custom SPEEDER idea!
« on: December 21, 2005, 23:38:30 »
I have been toying around with the idea of building a rail speeder out of Playmo for the longest time....and then it hit me   8}  as I only want to use Playmo parts.  Due to all of our  trains are packed until our next show, I cant try this yet.

The cab from the maintanence car used as the body for the speeder and the front guiding wheels from the western locomotive as the base/wheels should work good to form a speeder with some modifiying to make them attach.......well in theory  ???

Well by the way, this is my first post here on Playmofriends, thanks to Tiermann for letting me know of this site.  I must say that the best part of this site is having a TRAINS section!    :**:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Custom SPEEDER idea!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 02:38:24 »
Hello, glazz74 ...

Please introduce yourself in the "Welcome" section so that everyone will know who you are and that you're here at last!

Your speeder idea is pretty cool ... However, most Playmo fanatics would cringe at the thought of anyone using parts off of the "hard-to-come-by" Western Loco ... :lol:

I'm sure that you're familiar with the whimsical "speeder" that LGB introduced a few years ago. I was always tempted to get one, but never did.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you here.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 04:33:58 »
Nice to see you Glazz :)

For those who haven't connected it - the train layout shown in my thread of the Vancouver Show is the one belonging to Glazz74. I liek that idea. If I can find a junker Western engine for the parts I need the trucks are all yours.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 09:27:52 »
Is a speeder one of those small wagons with a "pump" action system for propelling it along the rails?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 14:49:04 »
Hi Glazz 74!

Nice to meet you  :wave:

Is a speeder one of those small wagons with a "pump" action system for propelling it along the rails?

Yes, I´d like to know too! I don´t really know what you`re talking about. :(

Guarrenzino

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 20:06:04 »
A speeder is a modern version of the hand car you are thinking of.

See here

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 21:20:36 »
Thanks Tim I had no idea!

Guarrenzino...

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 03:36:09 »
When I think of a G Scale "speeder," my thoughts immediately go to LGB's "Fortuna Flyer."

Set 20020 (released in the 90s)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 06:31:28 »
A speeder is a modern version of the hand car you are thinking of.

See here

Thanks for the link, Tim.

I think the original speeder was more attractive, though I see its limitations in the present day!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 10:16:28 »
So that's a speeder, it doesn't look like it lives up to it's name, I was expecting something really streamline with a huge engine and yet it looks like an electric milkfloat on rails.

I can see now how what Glazz74's plan for one of these should work rather well for looks, but how would it be powered, the standard motors are way to big, or is it just to be a static show piece and not a working model?
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.