Author Topic: Garden Layout, Early Pics  (Read 9124 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Garden Layout, Early Pics
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 20:53:24 »

Hello, Steve ...

Hope that we can figure out how to make it happen, as Susan and I would really like to make the trip with you and Elizabeth.

I tentatively entered Sunday, 10 August and it looks like that we can do a round trip.

Take a look HERE and also please see attachments ...

All the best,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 21:13:19 »

PS:

Here's a short HISTORY of the train and also a photo of the "Victoria Station."

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 07:46:38 »
maybe you should invite fred and maisie, i think they would have a great time!
kaethe

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 12:30:18 »

Great idea, Kaethe!

maybe you should invite fred and maisie, i think they would have a great time!
kaethe

And, thanks for the reminder. I don't know about Steve, but I'm sure that I would have forgotten to take them along ...  :-[

And, it is the perfect kind of trip for Fred and Maisie to share with everyone here at Playmofriends.

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 18:49:33 »
Hope that we can figure out how to make it happen, as Susan and I would really like to make the trip with you and Elizabeth.

Hi Richard, It looks like they are running an extra train in the summertime? It's convenient to be able to do a round trip in one day. Although an overnight might be fun in the fall or winter. I wouldn't mind visiting the ski resort up there.

Sorry for the delay in answering, I had some news about family possibly coming out here from the East coast in August and I wasn't sure what my schedule would be that month. It turns out that I have an Aunt and two cousins coming the second week of August and my brother is coming out with his wife the thrid week of August! It's turning into an extended family reunion of sorts...I think that will probably make it difficult for me to get up to Victoria in August. Now that I know about that train, though, I'm really desperate to get up there. I'll have to see what I can work out. Are you only up there in the summer?
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 19:19:25 »

Hello, Steve ...

Hi Richard,
It looks like they are running an extra train in the summertime? It's convenient to be able to do a round trip in one day. Although an overnight might be fun in the fall or winter. I wouldn't mind visiting the ski resort up there.

Are you only up there in the summer?

Interestingly ... Susan surprised me and said that she would rather do an overnight than do it all in one day.  And, it appears that September may be even better for us as well, because I know that Susan wants to stay here in the Virgin Islands until our home is completely finished.

However, I may come up to Vancouver Island earlier than September, as I really do need to check on our house and our resident Mountie.

All the best,
Richard