Author Topic: Novelties 2022 (second half)  (Read 16128 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Novelties 2022 (second half)
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2022, 10:39:18 »
I just get the figures I need from vinted. I don’t know if you have vinted where you’re from, but it’s a great online marketplace that serves the benelux, iberia, france, italy and more. No fees like evilbay, a very enjoyable experiemce for buyers and sellers alike.

I've never tried that site before. I'll have to take a look. Thanks!

Attack on Titan would work well but they'd probably not want to encourage kids to eat klickies.

Yes, that would probably not be a good choice. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2022, 16:05:08 »
I knew nothing about manga in general or Naruto in particular, so I read up on Wikipedia. For the benefit of others as ignorant as me, here are some things I learnt (excuse my crude generalisations).

Manga is a style of graphic novel whose origins can be traced back to Japan in the late 19th century, with roots in much earlier written and pictoral forms and other aspects of Japanese culture. It is popular with Japanese people from all walks of life and has widespread popularity in the rest of the world.

In a 2021 poll of 150,000 (presumably Japanese) manga fans, Naruto was voted the 7th best manga series.

The Naruto manga series is aimed at boys in the 12-18 age range.

Naruto is the central character. He is a ninja, possibly with supernatural powers (I got rather bogged down reading the plot summaries).

There are lots of fights and the illustrations have been praised for depicting these in a very realistic manner. Romantic themes are less well developed.

There is a 'Naruto run,' you bend forwards at the waist and stretch both arms out backwards (easy for klickies, apart from the running part!).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2022, 17:12:46 »
Thanks for saving me the trouble, Graham.  :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2022, 02:40:24 »
Not something I'm aware of, but the Ramen Store looks cool - here is a 'not-Lego' version of it

https://www.buildingtoystore.com/en/keeppley-k20509-naruto-yile-ramen-building-blocks-toy-set-1624.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAlrSPBhBaEiwAuLSDUIzWrRW2w1EXoZ1iyurlT4jenLzFhbHeYnOO4Zt5m9UU2fOvcQg7ahoCpHoQAvD_BwE

Looks like we’ll not get Chinese Olympic sets …..but these Asian sets will be very welcomed

Hope it’s a theme and not just a token set or two
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2022, 13:59:58 »
Not something I'm aware of, but the Ramen Store looks cool - here is a 'not-Lego' version of it

https://www.buildingtoystore.com/en/keeppley-k20509-naruto-yile-ramen-building-blocks-toy-set-1624.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAlrSPBhBaEiwAuLSDUIzWrRW2w1EXoZ1iyurlT4jenLzFhbHeYnOO4Zt5m9UU2fOvcQg7ahoCpHoQAvD_BwE

Yes, that brick rendition of it is excellent.

Naruto is many things, it also mines deep into Japanese folklore, and is quite clever in many aspects, considering it?s aimed at young people. Its problem is the problem of many other such shows (see Dragon Ball), it oustays it?s welcome by 20 seasons at least, and you get to a point where fights start spanning 10 episodes and you need a prescription for valium to sit through them. The anime at least, because the manga is much breezier pace-wise.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2022, 02:12:23 »
Well well... It seems like all the pictures about the 2nd half 2022 novelties have been hiding from me for several weeks.
Even on darn FB, personally I have seen NOTHING passing by about these novelties over the past weeks, except for 1 pic of the Asterix & Obelix advent calender... Someone (Olki) mentioned the word "Doppeldecker" somewhere in a post on FB, but I didn´t know at all what he was talking about. (And I did not get a reply to my question about what he was talking about.)

Looks like Geobra is taking into account the Rise of Asia (and it´s billions of consumers)...
* The new 'Ayuma' sets look to form a classic Chinese village somewhere near Wuhan.
* 'Naruto' Manga theme... Okay, but not exactly something I was waiting for. Hopefully some useful parts or accessories.

The new Novelmore sets indeed look Star Warsish... Or Mad Maxish. With 'Lawrence of Arabia' riding a giant scorpion instead of a camel or an Arabian horse. What is that big set, is it some kind of battlecruiser-desertstardust-ship??

And now I see what was meant on FB with the "Doppeldecker". That new biplane-design is really nice, most probably a must-have for me. The new jet not so much, a bit too unrealistic looking.

And a '600 euro class' (with inflation in mind) x,xx-meters Klingon 'Bird of Prey' to go along with last year´s Enterprise. For the Playmo Trekkies that also means another new desk, dresser or maybe even an additional ceiling in the living room. And for me still no 'HMS Victory'.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2022, 07:12:51 »
I read manga and watch anime, but I'm not that into shonen, so I only have a passing knowledge of Naruto.

(For our non-anime fans, shonen is a genre targeted towards teen boys, but many shonen franchises are popular with other demographics as well. Shonen anime often features action scenes.)

Studio Ghibli would be $$$ because Disney.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2022, 22:14:40 »
Studio Ghibli would be $$$ because Disney.

Disney (and other distributers) held or still hold the distribution rights for home media releases, but I'm not sure whether they would be involved in a toy licence. In any case, I agree that it'd probably be expensive to strike a deal with Studio Ghibli. Then again, they managed to do it with DreamWorks Animation.
~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2022, 05:42:13 »
Disney (and other distributers) held or still hold the distribution rights for home media releases, but I'm not sure whether they would be involved in a toy licence. In any case, I agree that it'd probably be expensive to strike a deal with Studio Ghibli. Then again, they managed to do it with DreamWorks Animation.

Yeah, I don't know what sort of contracts, if any, Disney has with regards to merchandise. But if Disney so much as breathes on something, the price goes up.  :lol: