Author Topic: Where to get Figures these days?  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
Where to get Figures these days?
« on: October 28, 2021, 17:04:10 »
I recall someone (and thank them immensely) who said that the Dollar Tree had some figures there. My mom and I lucked up and got over 40 packs from there! Most were from Series 15 I believe, but hey it was something! But now, I'm not so sure where to find them outside of the actual Playmobil site. We have a store called LeJouet who serves as a specialty store and occasionally sells them, but they're across the river from where I live. :(

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Where to get Figures these days?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 16:45:23 »
We found a lot of army builders and cheap accessoires by getting those Dollar Tree fi?ures too, Janilew.

To attain newer fi?ures, we make 3-4 toy runs to two "local" stores each year to do some baggie squeezing.
This has served us well EXCEPT on the 19s.  Apparently the area distrbutor never sent those to either store. The 20s arrived at both stores, but no 19s.

So we ended up getting a couple from Playmobil.us, and mostly now just looking longingly at pictures of them on Animobil.  :/

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 07:58:08 »
I'm jealous that your Dollar Tree has them. I occasionally resort to Ebay, but I don't want to pay $15 a figure, so I have to walk away from the popular ones.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 04:49:31 »
Me too, I gave up on getting the ones I want because they are always super pricey on ebay.    :'(  :ginger:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 05:35:25 by Macruran »
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 05:22:00 »
I wanted to get the Day of the Dead couple for my sister, but I've seen MIB vintage sets for less.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 21:46:10 »
I consider myself lucky; there are plenty of shops in the Netherlands stocking the F?gures.
However, I regularly seems to miss out on the popular ones and I refuse to spend a fortune on either a single clicky or mountain of bags.

I just keep trying other venues and generally I do manage getting the ones I want.
Might take a few years though.
It took me five years or so before I got hold of a Highlander for a reasonable price.

It also helps having a sister that collects too and who knows which ones I am still looking for ...

(Thanks sis  :love: :love:)

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 00:07:41 »
I wanted to get the Day of the Dead couple for my sister, but I've seen MIB vintage sets for less.
Do people buy them at those inflated prices?

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 03:16:25 »
Do people buy them at those inflated prices?

Apparently someone does.

I live in New Mexico. Day of the Dead kitsch is big here.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2022, 09:53:30 »
Round about series 5, I gave up (a) trying to find shops that sold the Mystery figures and (b) trying to find the ones I want by manipulating the bags. Now, I buy each set of 24 unopened bags from a UK seller. The latest series (21) cost me £61.85 including shipping. That's £2.58 (€3.09, $3.52) each. The UK Playmobil webshop currently sells mystery figures for £2.49 each. Smyths (a toy chainstore) also sell them for £2.49. On Amazon they are £3.

For me, it's worth getting the interminable reiterations of ninjas, chefs, firefighters, etc. (I.e. figures I find boring) in order to be sure of getting the more desirable figures, which fetch high prices when sold individually. I get all the parts (plus extras), sealed in bags, for very little more than they would cost in the shops. And if I do come across a shop selling the bags, I sometimes pick up an extra one or two of the better figures, but there is no pressure!  ;D
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 04:45:36 »
That's not a bad price, actually.

Playmobil ought to sell full sets on their website. I bet people would buy them.