Author Topic: 70148 + 70149 Figures 20  (Read 3348 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
70148 + 70149 Figures 20
« on: September 02, 2021, 20:37:04 »
70148 + 70149 Figures 20

Review at playkingdoms: Figures 20 (direct link)

This time, I had help...   ;D

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: 70148 + 70149 Figures 20
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 21:05:26 »
Thanks a lot! Always nice to check out if I missed some details!

About the red handkerchief, it was in a couple of sets already: https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-06-5640

About the "fat frame" in the clown: I mentioned that too, so I thought, let's change that, but apparently it doesn't bend anymore with a "normal frame" and I remembered afterwards, all the "old type" of klickies use the "fat frame" (as far as I know).
And let's not forget the amazing golden version of the tuba, which hasn't been released since 2001 (!) in set 3943, unless you are rich and got it via Playmobil Pro in 2019...

Can't believe the fairy is indeed an exact copy of series 6 :o ... I can name at least 5 other figures that are worth a 1000 times more to repeat...

The cookie hearts are accurate by the way and called "lebkuchenherzen", here you go: https://www.lebkuchen-welt.de/lebkuchenherzen/?p=1 . I have seen them in Cologne during the Christmas market.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 21:35:32 »
About the red handkerchief, it was in a couple of sets already: https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-06-5640

Thanks - and some even recent.. though I don't have any of those (bought new).

About the "fat frame" in the clown: I mentioned that too, so I thought, let's change that, but apparently it doesn't bend anymore with a "normal frame" and I remembered afterwards, all the "old type" of klickies use the "fat frame" (as far as I know).

Doesn't matter for male torsos, unless for the roman legs, I think..It's harder to sit then - but doable, as my female with roman legs can prove...

And let's not forget the amazing golden version of the tuba, which hasn't been released since 2001 (!) in set 3943, unless you are rich and got it via Playmobil Pro in 2019...

I know we have it - and not being core, I don't really keep track  :-[   I know we have that set (maybe twice?) - nothing says "merry xmas" like klickys hanging in the xmas tree.. one of the creepiest sets ever.

The cookie hearts are accurate by the way and called "lebkuchenherzen", here you go: https://www.lebkuchen-welt.de/lebkuchenherzen/?p=1 . I have seen them in Cologne during the Christmas market.

I meant the holder and the bracer on the seller... I looked up the hearts - they look tasty. ("lebkuchenherzen" seller was... well.. a mouthful... :P )

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 22:20:16 »
Thanks! Always a highlight.

As to the kept - I wonder why you didn't swap Opera Man's cuffs for white. I personally find them in red quite disharmonious, and there are plenty of white ones around.

Thanks again for the insightful comments. :wave:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 22:44:04 »
Great review as always. Not the strongest series but the dia de los muertes figures are major highlights. It's just sad to combine something the clever with so many repeats of existing figures with common parts.  If they are going to repeat why not something that's only ever been in one set from like 10 or even 20 years ago instead of something so recent?

I think the rubber bands on the tool bag has to do with the mechanics of bag filling. If the tools are in a big bag like that it could easily clog up the automatic fillers or get stuck sticking out the top when the package  gets to the heat sealer.

Offline Adam16bit

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • has been writing about toys for a long time
    • 16bit.com
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 04:44:30 »
I forwarded this along to a few of my non-Playmobil collecting friends and co-workers, who are now going to be buying some/a case.  Thanks for helping us be enablers. 
--Adam
16bit.com and elsewhere

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 06:33:15 »
Thank you :)

As to the kept - I wonder why you didn't swap Opera Man's cuffs for white. I personally find them in red quite disharmonious, and there are plenty of white ones around.

They're dark pink, not red, actually... And I don't know HOW those odd colors work together, but they do (for me) - I'd never dream of attempting such a thing..

It's just sad to combine something the clever with so many repeats of existing figures with common parts.  If they are going to repeat why not something that's only ever been in one set from like 10 or even 20 years ago instead of something so recent?

Recent and... uninteresting. We'd be better served with MORE orcses. There is no figuring them out.

I think the rubber bands on the tool bag has to do with the mechanics of bag filling. If the tools are in a big bag like that it could easily clog up the automatic fillers or get stuck sticking out the top when the package  gets to the heat sealer.

I still think someone's cousin has a rubberband factory.

I forwarded this along to a few of my non-Playmobil collecting friends and co-workers, who are now going to be buying some/a case.  Thanks for helping us be enablers. 

We aim to help wallets worldwide feel the playmopull, right?  >:D

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 15:07:23 »
Great as always! Thanks Tahra  :)  :love:
Still in love with both Dia de los Muertos figures  :inlove:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 17:50:46 »
I found a number of the boy figures used the fat body inner skeleton instead of the regular one. Possibly a parts shortage at packing time?

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 18:13:33 »
I found a number of the boy figures used the fat body inner skeleton instead of the regular one.

Same here. Figures fat body inner skeletons used to be relatively uncommon in my collection, but not any more  :)9