Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: Novelties 2022 (second half)
« Last post by Bolingbroke on Today at 13:59:58 »
Not something I'm aware of, but the Ramen Store looks cool - here is a 'not-Lego' version of it

https://www.buildingtoystore.com/en/keeppley-k20509-naruto-yile-ramen-building-blocks-toy-set-1624.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAlrSPBhBaEiwAuLSDUIzWrRW2w1EXoZ1iyurlT4jenLzFhbHeYnOO4Zt5m9UU2fOvcQg7ahoCpHoQAvD_BwE

Yes, that brick rendition of it is excellent.

Naruto is many things, it also mines deep into Japanese folklore, and is quite clever in many aspects, considering it?s aimed at young people. Its problem is the problem of many other such shows (see Dragon Ball), it oustays it?s welcome by 20 seasons at least, and you get to a point where fights start spanning 10 episodes and you need a prescription for valium to sit through them. The anime at least, because the manga is much breezier pace-wise.
Photography & Graphics / Re: JLMatterer Photo Gallery
« Last post by Macruran on Today at 04:08:30 »
 :yippee: :rock: :woohoo: :confetti: :cham: :candle:
« Last post by JLMatterer on January 24, 2022, 19:38:16 »
Nice shots! Herakles's beard is a little low though  :deco:

I couldn't live with the beard shame. I fixed it.  :wave:

What is this??? / Re: Body with belt buckles and buttons
« Last post by playmofire on January 24, 2022, 10:38:50 »
Tahra is correct. There are 2 versions of 9296. The box type  photo sually shows the old version with the silver buttons but if you Google it you will find images of it with this torso. It is a popular torso useful for Victorian era officials like police and firefighters.

Yes, I use it for my Victorian firefighters but I have only ever come across the figures with the 10 silver buttons.
News / Re: Novelties 2022 (second half)
« Last post by Rasputin on January 24, 2022, 02:40:24 »
Not something I'm aware of, but the Ramen Store looks cool - here is a 'not-Lego' version of it

https://www.buildingtoystore.com/en/keeppley-k20509-naruto-yile-ramen-building-blocks-toy-set-1624.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAlrSPBhBaEiwAuLSDUIzWrRW2w1EXoZ1iyurlT4jenLzFhbHeYnOO4Zt5m9UU2fOvcQg7ahoCpHoQAvD_BwE

Looks like we’ll not get Chinese Olympic sets …..but these Asian sets will be very welcomed

Hope it’s a theme and not just a token set or two
« Last post by JLMatterer on January 23, 2022, 22:37:03 »

« Last post by JLMatterer on January 23, 2022, 21:40:47 »
Yes, it's his NOSE! (LOL)  :lol:
I think its a gargoyle. It is very reminiscent of the LEGO collectible minifigure series gargoyle from a few years back.

Spot on, Tiermann, down to the texture and colour of the plastic! Even the chest print matches:

(source: bricklink.com)

Question answered. Thank you, guys!
What is this??? / Re: Body with belt buckles and buttons
« Last post by Tiermann on January 23, 2022, 19:07:11 »
Tahra is correct. There are 2 versions of 9296. The box type  photo sually shows the old version with the silver buttons but if you Google it you will find images of it with this torso. It is a popular torso useful for Victorian era officials like police and firefighters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10