Author Topic: A much more complex and detailed Science Fiction theme.  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
A much more complex and detailed Science Fiction theme.
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:19:29 »
So far I feel that Playmobil has been very weak with science fiction, they released some nice stuff here and there, but I just feel that it could be so much more.

What I would propose would be a theme that is focusing on a base. It could be used as a ground base or space station.
Friendly human clickies are the focus, and they get to interact with all kinds of aliens and human explorers. Which instantly means any other science fiction batches match up with it.

-The main set would be the base...
A large set with an engine/generator room, sleeping quarters with several bunk beds, a reception with various computers from where the entire station can be monitored and a meeting room with a long table and several chairs, and a screen. It should also be two floors with an elevator connecting the two floors.

One side of the station is open to be played with, but it can be closed up with a side that can be removed and used as a landing pad. The outside of this plate looks like the base exteriour and fits right in with the rest of the exteriour, but the inside of this plate is a landingpad. This way the plate is not wasted.
But now comes the good part.. other smaller sets can be connected to this main set, which comes with three doorways on each side exept for the open front. The doors can be closed, serving as a place where space ships can dock next to it. But through a small piece of hallway that comes with each set, they can be connected.

The base could be manned by friendly human clickies, and could play host to various alien visitors, some friendly and some hostile.
Included clickies: Engineer, leader, security guard, receptionist and two different aliens. One friendly looking and the other not so much.

-Cantina.
A medium set that can be used as a standalone cantina, but can also be connected to the main base. It has a bar with stools and maybe a table with couches, and it also has a storage room/kitchen. The set comes with various foods and drinks.
Included clickies: Waitress, human explorer and one or two alien visitors.

-Prison.
Another  medium set that can be connected to the main base. A place to keep the clickie criminals, be they human or alien.
Includes a jail, handcuffs, a table with two seats and a small security force spacecraft that has a small cockpit and a place to put a prisoner.
Included clickies: two security guards and an unfriendly looking alien.

-Medical bay.
Another medium set that can be connected to the main base. Here all sick and wounded clickies can be treated. It comes with gasmasks, various computers and scanners, a bed and maybe a tube that can hold a clicky.
Included clickies: doctor and a friendly alien patient.

-Space criminal with robot.
A small set consisting out of an unfriendly looking human engineer and his robot.
The robot can be folded up so it fits into a container that comes with the set, the container being about the size of a treasure chest.

-Large spaceship.
Another big set, larger than any spacecraft playmobil ever produced.
It comes with a removeable roof to be able to play inside, leaving the entire top part open.
There is a bridge, with computers and three seats. One for the captain and two at the computers.
Behind the bridge there is a short hallway with two rooms at each side, and an engineering room at the end, at the back of the ship.
The siderooms are quite small and include: medbay, storage room, sleeping quarters, cantina.
There is also an escape pod attached under the ship with a hatch above it. The ship can dock at the base.
Included clickies: greyhaired captain, friendly alien, female clicky, child clicky.
Just a nice little group that can have all sorts of adventures.

-Hostile aliens spaceship.
A smaller version of the large spaceship that follows the same idea, having multible rooms and a removeable roof to play inside.
It does have a bridge with two chairs, behind the bridge there is a storage room with a prison, and behind the storage room is an engine room.
Also comes with an escape pod and can dock against the base.
Included clickies: two unfriendly aliens of the same species and a robot.

-Cargo ship.
A spaceship slightly smaller than the aliens spaceship, with no seperate engine room and a cockpit instead of a bridge, with two chairs behind computers and maybe just enough room for a third clicky to stand behind them. The cargo area could have quite some space and could have one or two hidden compartments for smuggling, both big enough to put a clicky in there.
Set comes with many containers and boxes filled with food, a few weapons, some scanners and several gems.
Clickies include: Civilian female clicky and a neutral alien. The human is a woman to not make the comparison to the millenium falcon too obvious.
Clickies should be neutral, somewhat adventurous looking so they could be explorers, smugglers, traders or pretty much anything kids want them to be.

-Communications tower.
This small building could be used as a small outpost, but can also be clicked into the roof of the base, without it being too obvious in the design on either part to not make it seem a requirement to have both. It should be pointed out it can be done though.
Some supplies could be included, as well as a single bed. And of course various scanners, computers and such, with a few satelite dishes and antenna's on the roof.
Included clickies: a more casual security guard. More casual either because he is on his own in an outpost, or because hes not where the action is in that tower but just monitors the traffic.

-Alien family.
A small set consisting out of three friendly aliens: a man, a woman and a child. Could include a scanner and a pistol for the adults and a toy of sorts for the child.

-Security guard with villain.
A security guard with a handcuffed clickie.
This bad guy is human to not make it appear like aliens are the only bad guys. The handcuffs are different than the normal ones of course, looking more futuristic.

That's pretty much all of it, I might just repeat myself with more additions, ground vehicles could always come with another batch or another theme. I wanted to focus more on space exploration than planet exploration with this theme.

I'd like to wrap this up with some closing notes though:
Weaponry should not be overdone.. it does not fit the nature of playmobil. Most weapons could be space pistols, mostly used by security guards. Some rifles could be around, and each species could have different weapon designs.  No weapons larger than a rifle, and spaceships could have one or two small weapons on them that could be seen as scanners or such, so that it could only be percieved as weaponry if the child wants to use it for that.

It should all be useable for just some harmless cops and robbers in space, along with friendly alien meetings and exploration.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:28:35 by Rhalius »

Offline joro75

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: A much more complex and detailed Science Fiction theme.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 12:19:58 »
Love these ideas, your descriptions are very detailed and I can picture it all in my head. Maybe an outpost.....with a lonely klicky who has been there all alone for a long time, he would be so happy to have a visit from a space klicky family.
The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart.  ~Mencius, Book IV

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 06:33:15 »
Some great imaginative ideas you have brought to light! I think it would be a popular theme with SciFi enthusiasts!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 10:31:09 »
Thanks, I updated the main post to include the rest of the ideas for this batch.

I have more ideas for science fiction, but it would be for another overall theme of it. Its best if it all fits together.