Author Topic: Beach family set on German DS  (Read 2770 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Beach family set on German DS
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 08:29:22 »
Thanks for the tip. I will try "beachware" with US DS. I love the shorts and short sleeves and bare arm looks as well as the swimsuits. Have noticed the figures with darker skin.  Hoping they offer some Asians and Africans, too, in beachware.

I just queried on playmoDB with "beach" and this got up a lot of the figures, maybe most.  Also on playmoDB try "yatch" and "swim".  These will gvie you the part numbers for DS.

Cheers, Pgal :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 10:27:44 »
I think Speedos are mocked pretty much everywhere, because in Belgium it's the same thing  ;)  Boys/men aren't allowed swimming trunks in (indoor) public swimming pools because of 'hygiene', but most guys I know hate that rule  :)

Love that family though, I could really use them on my beach scene  :D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 15:26:31 »
Boys/men aren't allowed swimming trunks in (indoor) public swimming pools because of 'hygiene', but most guys I know hate that rule  :)

Now that's going to get some interest!    :o
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 18:03:41 »
yeah, that speedo thing seems to be the same everywhere - PM maybe designed it because it was the most universal thing...but that guy still looks funny in it :lol:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 20:15:25 »
Now that's going to get some interest!    :o

Just to be clear: they are allowed speedo's. So no obligatory nakedness!  :lol:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 02:50:38 »
I've heard about this speedos-only rule at a lot of European pools.... thank goodness that isn't a requirement anywhere here that I know of. :loco:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 22:34:30 »
I do think that the camera placement on Speedo Dad is a hoot! Instead of minimizing attention to his skimpy suit, it draws attention! Oooops!

I guess it's a good idea they didn't take the picture from the side.  :-[ Given the 'picture', and the discussion about places that that sort of swim wear would be approriate or not(not the camera.)  should the girl and the women have a 'topless' European Riviera look to them?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 07:33:40 »
should the girl and the women have a 'topless' European Riviera look to them?

YES, they should!  ;D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 08:54:31 »
Just to be clear: they are allowed speedo's. So no obligatory nakedness!  :lol:

Ah, I understand now.