Author Topic: The Rainbow Lion and its crew  (Read 7874 times)

Offline Sirena

• Underwater Princess
  • Playmo Pal
The Rainbow Lion and its crew
« on: February 28, 2006, 02:21:49 »
Hey guys, I've got some pictures for you . They're of the Rainbow Lion, my pirate ship, and its crew. It is an all female crew, and I created them all using Captain Henry's parts, and he assembled them for me.

For the Rainbow Lion, I chose the fabric and design for the sails and stickers, and Captain Henry made them.

I hope you like them.
Siren@ Diamrem

Offline Sirena

• Underwater Princess
  • Playmo Pal
Re: The Rainbow Lion and its crew
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 02:36:48 »
Here are closer pictures of my lady pirate crew.

First is a picture of Anne Bonney, left, and Mary Read.  I made them up, but I got a couple of ideas out of storybooks. I read that they dressed like men, so that is how I made them.

Second is a picture of the captain, in the middle, and her officers. The two right beside her are twins. In another book I read about a princess who didn't like who her father wanted her to marry, so she ran away and became a pirate. In real life, she was a Swedish princess named Alwilda, and that is where I got the idea for the princess pirate, who is at far left. The one at far right has a man's torso, because I couldn't find a woman's torso that suited me.

And last are five more of the crew.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:14:22 by Sirena »
Siren@ Diamrem

Offline Sirena

• Underwater Princess
  • Playmo Pal
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 02:42:28 »
Some more pictures of the ship.
Siren@ Diamrem

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 03:17:57 »
That's a beautiful ship, Sirena !!!

I think that the real Anne Bonney and Mary Read would have loved it !!!

Tonight, I am in the Virgin Islands where Anne and Mary sailed with Calico Jack many years ago. Tomorrow, on my way to Fort Lauderdale, I'll be flying over the Bahamas. That was where they spent most of their time. Things have changed a bit here since the Pirate days, but it's still easy to imagine your Rainbow Lion sailing into Charlotte Amalie harbour ... ;)

Thank you for sharing your magnificent ship and crew with us!
... :wow: ... :wow: ... :wow: ...

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 08:52:21 »
That is an amzing ship, Sirena, and excellent customs.  You certainly have an eye for colour and design.  Well done. :)9 

And it's good to see that you read a lot, too.  Reading lets you picture the characters and places in your mind so the story becomes your story, as it were.  Much better than the TV where everything is done for you.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 14:40:26 »
Wow, this ship is a real beauty! :o
I adore the colourful sails and the stickers which your dad helped you to make. :love:

Your custom pirate figures look great too. You certainly have a very good eye for choosing parts which go well together. :yup:

Here are closer pictures of my lady pirate crew.

The one at far right has a man's torso, because I couldn't find a woman's torso that suited me.

I'm sure I read once that some female pirates used to strap down their 'womanly curves' quite firmly in order to diguise themselves more thoroughly as men, so using a man's torso instead of a female one just makes that particular custom a little more historically correct. ;D ;)

Thanks for sharing these pics and the inspiration behind your figures, Sirena! 8-)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 17:03:53 by Sylvia »

Offline pastifi

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 14:41:24 »
Great ship Sirena!

I love the rainbow Lion image, and all the colors you have put in to this ship.Excellent work!

Cheers
Panos

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 16:50:06 »
I love the rainbow Lion image, and all the colors you have put in to this ship.

Hi Panos,

To give proper credit, the Lion image is adapted from the logo of a company owned by the golfer John Daly. I, err, borrowed it for Sirena's ship.  :-[ I am, after all, a pirate! ;)
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 17:01:00 »
Sirena,
I am glad to see you have a proper pirate ship, crewed by only females

You have done very well with all of the customizing.  I like the colorful sails, and I really do like the custominzing of the femaile pirates.

Sylvia is right about buxom women strapping their curves in.  Mary Read impersonated a male until she sailed with Anne Bonney.

Congratualtions on such abeautiful ship and crew
Meg

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 17:27:06 »
 :wow: :wow: This is amazing !! I have never seen such a wonderfully coloured pirate ship before !! I really do like the attention to detail on your sails and pirate flag !! A big thumbs up to CH for this :)9

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)

(28/5/03/850)