Author Topic: 4825 hosel reel on the re-issued old style fire engine  (Read 3835 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
4825 hosel reel on the re-issued old style fire engine
« on: November 09, 2009, 16:38:50 »
It's not really a custom, just an adaptation of a new piece of equipment to go with an earlier item, but it seemed to fit here better than anywhere else.

On holiday in Malta, I bought the 4825 fire brigade accessory set, largely for the new hydrant but also out of interest to see the demountable hose reel.  Having soft hose mounted on the rear of a fire engine is something only found on the European continent, mainly (I think) in France and Germany.   

A bit of experimenting showed that the new hose reel system would just slip over the towing hook of the old style fire engine while the hydrant and the hydrant key will fit either side of the rear in the clips already on the chassis.  Detaching and fitting the hose reel is a bit fiddly, but once on it looks a natural for the vehicle and it doesn't involve any modifications to my only one of this model.  (I meant to buy oneor even two more while it was in the DS listing, but it vanished suddenly and quickly from the list recently.)  Having the rear-mounted hose reel means that the tray with the two separate hose reels in which came with the original can be replaced by a storage chest to take hose fittings and other tools.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4825 hosel reel on the re-issued old style fire engine
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 16:58:13 »
Hi Gordon  :wave:

Those adaptations look like they were meant to be there . I think I will have to try that also when those parts become available in the USA . Your use of the chimney sweeper with the golden hard hat is so perfect for this classic set .

Thanks for the clever ideas
   Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 17:04:05 »
Hi Gordon  :wave:

Those adaptations look like they were meant to be there . I think I will have to try that also when those parts become available in the USA . Your use of the chimney sweeper with the golden hard hat is so perfect for this classic set .

Thanks for the clever ideas
   Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Thanks, Ras, for your comments.  I'm very pleased with how the sweep looks as a firefighter, as you suggest, it just finishes the set off.  I've spray-painted one helmet in what was called chrome but is really (well, as it came up for me) just dull silver for the chief's helmet.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 17:54:56 »
I really like your adaption of the new accessory set to go with the reissued ladder truck, Gordon! Well done! It blends perfectly!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 21:27:31 »
That's great truck Gordon!!  :wow:  :wow:  :wow: I really like how you added all sorts of fire equipment,and
made a  new fire truck!! Great jod!!  :clap: I really like all your great ideas!!

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 04:49:02 »
Very nice Gordon, it looks like it was meant to be there all along! That certainly is a narrow looking piece of equipment! I also like the looks of those chimney sweep firemen.

Gepetto

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 09:23:12 »
Thank you for your comments all.  I've been inspired to use part of this foggy day (if the light is good enough) to do a bit of custom work on the old style fire engine and complete the ideas I have for it.  I'll post a new topic when it's ready.

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 19:30:09 »
hoy Gordon

I make  my classic ttl  extended like yours see the foto

and the reel goose smooth

groet Peter
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 19:40:29 »
Great photo Peter, I like the firefighter with the line on his back! Those hose reels are real interesting. Thanks for sharing.  :wave:

Gepetto

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 20:58:15 »
Excellent, Peter, and I, too, like the search line on the fireman.

I haven't got the extra changes to my old TL done yet, but I shall try to do so tomorrow.