Author Topic: Custom hose connections for the 3880, & 5716 fire engines.  (Read 2481 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Custom hose connections for the 3880, & 5716 fire engines.
« on: February 27, 2009, 18:35:59 »
Excellent custom water connections Ben  :wow:! We look forward to seeing your additional contributions! I've been working on some of the same type of connections also for my fleet, but I decided to put them on the rear 1/4 panels because of the pump being located there, & without drilling any holes! I'm still working on it though!

Bill

Hi Billl,

You can solve your problem without drilling by cutting the silver hose connectors and glueing them in place.   However, space may limit your room for positioning the connectors.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 22:31:00 »
Hi Billl,
You can solve your problem without drilling by cutting the silver hose connectors and glueing them in place.   However, space may limit your room for positioning the connectors.

Hi Playmofire!
Great minds must think alike :lol:! I cut 3 of the grey hose connectors in half to make 6 shallow inlets & outlets, & superglued 3 of them in a triangular design to a rectangular shaped plastic modeling piece of tread plating. Then I used double sided tape to attach one plate to the fire engine per side without gluing so it can be removed in the future. I only had enough of the grey connectors to do one engine, because USA DS says these are out of stock, & have been for 6 months, putting yet another project on hold due to availability  :hissyfit:! Thank you for the advise! I really appreciate trading ideas!
Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 22:40:16 »
I only had enough of the grey connectors to do one engine, because USA DS says these are out of stock, & have been for 6 months, putting yet another project on hold due to availability  :hissyfit:! Thank you for the advise! I really appreciate trading ideas!
Bill

Glad to help Bill.  How many grey connectors do you need as I have some spares?  I can also try UK DS on my next order.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 00:11:48 »
Glad to help Bill.  How many grey connectors do you need as I have some spares?  I can also try UK DS on my next order.

Hi Playmofire!
I appreciate the offer, however I'm embarrassed to have to resort to this kind of help  :-[! The items are still used in production, & surely they should become available again in the near future, after all its only been 6 months out of stock! Besides, I'm afraid that the quantity needed for my fleet if I'm to modify all of my engines would be 66 whole connectors to be cut in half to become 132 halves, 6 per engine  :o!
Thank you again,
 Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 07:36:40 »
Hi Playmofire!
I appreciate the offer, however I'm embarrassed to have to resort to this kind of help  :-[! The items are still used in production, & surely they should become available again in the near future, after all its only been 6 months out of stock! Besides, I'm afraid that the quantity needed for my fleet if I'm to modify all of my engines would be 66 whole connectors to be cut in half to become 132 halves, 6 per engine  :o!
Thank you again,
 Bill
No need to be embarrassed, Bill, help is what PF is all about.  However, 66 is beyond my stocks, so if you like on my next DS order I'll put the item on for you.  Let me know 

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 13:21:15 »
No need to be embarrassed, Bill, help is what PF is all about.  However, 66 is beyond my stocks, so if you like on my next DS order I'll put the item on for you.  Let me know 

Thank you Playmofire! I'll keep that in mind if USA DS lets me down again! I have a question for you though, does UK DS let you order something pay for it at the time of the order, keep it on backorder, & then send it to you automatically when it arrives back in stock  ????
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:07:13 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 22:29:03 »
Hey Everyone, Thanks for all the compliments.

Gordon, I've placed some shovels and streetbrooms along with all the hose. I also painted the ladders orange (to look more official) and some of the engines have hard suction hose and the hazmat vaccums.

Bill, I will see how many extra fittings I have, I know it's a lot, if you would like. Another thing DS has never had are the yellow air cylinders.  >:( Good luck with you project.

- Ben 

Ben,
Thank you for your offer to help! If you can let me know if you have some that you can spare, I may have some items you may like to trade the 66 fittings for! Let me know if you are wanting anything, & I'll check my inventory to see if I can help you!
I'm sorry to report that the old style SCBA air cylinders with the rounded tops are discontinued from Playmobil! They are substituting them with the yellow scuba diver tanks with the flat tops which are longer, & need to be modified to make the rubber regulator hose able to stay attached to the grey harness bracket. I don't like the new substitution but eventually when all of the sources dry up that will be all that is offered.  I have been on a quest to buy all of the round topped cylinders that I can find in auctions, & sets like the 3176 station interior to fulfill my needs while I can.
Bill

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
Re: Custom hose connections for the 3880, & 5716 fire engines.
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 12:17:54 »
Thank you Playmofire! I'll keep that in mind if USA DS lets me down again! I have a question you though, does UK DS let you order something pay for it at the time of the order, keep it on backorder, & then send it to you automatically when it arrives back in stock  ????

No, if anything is out of stock they let you know when they process your order and then you have to re-order next time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 15:20:17 by Bill Blackhurst »