Author Topic: Vintage truck  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
Vintage truck
« on: October 26, 2008, 23:01:04 »
Hi all,
I was in the old shed getting Knightmo a piece of brass wire for one of his customs,
and thought I might post a picture of the "box" I keep the brass tubing and wire in.

I think I made this when the 1900 series came out.  I was really inspired by the vintage cars and trucks.  And  since I am sort of a "neat nick", I make boxes for all of my  Playmobil parts and figures, etc.

The box on the back of the truck is a real container for stuff.  The truck is made of wood, with Playmobil steering wheel, seats and hand rails.  And of course an official
Playmobil driver.

Most of the truck is scratch built, with the exception of the wheels, and head lights.

Enjoy,
Jimbo

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Vintage truck
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 01:49:47 »
You are quite the wooden model maker  :)9 i realy like the 4X6 action .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 02:10:50 »
Truly, a work of art! Well done Jimbo  :wow:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 02:57:42 »
Very inventive Jimbo! Nicely done and thanks for sharing (you gave me an idea for a freight train!).

Gepetto

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 07:12:43 »
Excellent, Jimbo, I like it! :clap: :clap: :clap:  The detail on the underside is a nice touch. 

Maybe Playmobil should do a line of giant trucks etc as a storage system.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”