Author Topic: I would like your opinion regarding this custom.  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
I would like your opinion regarding this custom.
« on: October 20, 2008, 20:16:04 »
I was bored today, & was going through my extra parts, new sets, & came up with this Playmobil City Fire Department custom brush firefighting ATV. I would like to hear your opinions, & ideas about it.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 17:30:18 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: I would like your opinion regarding this custom.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 20:28:06 »
Second, third, & forth picture.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 17:33:55 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 20:45:14 »
It's a very clever use of parts, Bill, and nicely executed.  I especially like the way you've used the double clips to hold the pump unit in place without the need for glueing.

I don't recongise the base vehicle.  Which set is it from?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 21:47:43 »
Hi Gordon,
 It is from the 3216 amphibious vehicle exploration set. In this country it is in the order form & price list as discontinued for $16.99.
I had to secure the grey platform & the bottom of the water pump/tank with a small piece of double sided tape on each piece also.
If I decide to proceed with the customization I will remove the camouflage paint on the front & sides so it matches the rest of the Playmobil City Fire Department fleet. I am in the process of adding a few more items to it also.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 05:23:19 »
!!! WOW !!!

If you want my opinion, Bill, it looks AWESOME !!!
I am really amazed at the use of parts. It really is a greatlooking ATV!

:wow: :love: :wow:

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 13:14:36 »
!!! WOW !!!

If you want my opinion, Bill, it looks AWESOME !!!
I am really amazed at the use of parts. It really is a greatlooking ATV!

:wow: :love: :wow:

Bogro

Thank you Bogro! My Next endeavor will be to remove the factory paint to make it solid red, & order a second set of the parts from DS to make another one. I've got to have 2 in the fleet  :-[.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 13:26:23 »
Thank you Bogro! My Next endeavor will be to remove the factory paint to make it solid red, & order a second set of the parts from DS to make another one. I've got to have 2 in the fleet  :-[.

A solid red finish will nicely finish it off, Bill.  As for having two, I know the problem, one of a fire engine is never enough.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 15:20:11 »
A solid red finish will nicely finish it off, Bill.  As for having two, I know the problem, one of a fire engine is never enough.

I can feel your pain Gordon! I am now up to 12, 3880 & 5716 fire engines none of them have been customized though  :-\, but some are MIB  ;D!
My future problem is constructing fire stations large enough to house all these items  :P! I want to use the new 4043 construction garages side by side to put them in, but I am not sure if the garage door opening is high enough for clearance of the rescue platform on the tower ladders. The opening to fit a tower ladder through would need to be 8" at least from top to bottom! Plus there's the problem with quantity, & costs. It could be very expensive to add this option to my 3175 fire stations in multiples  :hmm:! Oh what dilemma's we can get ourselves into  ;)!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:36:51 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 10:38:01 »
I was bored today, & was going through my extra parts (...)

Nice to see that it doesn't happen only with me ...
However, not in these days, but, as a youth (up till my early 20s), I'd use to do exactly this kind of thing, when I was bored.

As I got a girlfriend, I thought I didn't need them anylonger, and gave all my playmo to my younger cousins, who live in another city.

Although I don't regret it, because of them, and their happiness in having playmo in their childhood (for, in their days, in Brasil, there would be no playmobil for children to get, on stores ...), I have to say: don't do it yourself. It's always wise to keep playmobil in your closets! ;)

This is why, reaching the 30s, I had to begin again ... ::)

:)

Nice custom, Bill.

:wave:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 13:44:26 »

Nice to see that it doesn't happen only with me ...
However, not in these days, but, as a youth (up till my early 20s), I'd use to do exactly this kind of thing, when I was bored.

As I got a girlfriend, I thought I didn't need them anylonger, and gave all my playmo to my younger cousins, who live in another city.

Although I don't regret it, because of them, and their happiness in having playmo in their childhood (for, in their days, in Brasil, there would be no playmobil for children to get, on stores ...), I have to say: don't do it yourself. It's always wise to keep playmobil in your closets! ;)

This is why, reaching the 30s, I had to begin again ... ::)

:)

Nice custom, Bill.

:wave:
Gus

Thank you Gus! Also, I can relate to your situation! Playmofriends, & Playmobil have been helping me get throiugh some tough times recently!