Author Topic: Sorry I'm late ...  (Read 64846 times)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: Sorry I'm late ...
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2005, 22:00:45 »
Thanks, Mal! I guess Diana and Meg didn't see it ...

All the best and Happy Holidays,
Richard

No Richard, I didn't see it. Only have been on a few minutes since that was posted. Of course I shall send a letter. And will you send a letter to help us keep Walmart from destroying my little college town? I'll find the link (if there is one.)  While it's heartbreaking to see such beauty lost, it's also difficult to see historical downtowns and small communities wrecked by greedy big-box conglomorates that treat their employes like dirt...all so the rich can get richer.

Paul's home sick as a dog and the real dog (puppy) is wearing me out. I'll post a letter to save the bay later. And see what else I may have overlooked.

No comments on Antigua or BVI? I'm beginning to think my posts on this thread are almost invisible.  :P Ah well, I've never been to St. Thomas but I've married two men from Texas. That I do know I bit about. ;)
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2005, 23:04:28 »
No comments on Antigua or BVI? I'm beginning to think my posts on this thread are almost invisible.  :P

Diana's posts invisible? ...   :o

Not hardly ...   :hmm:

As a Floridian (and not being originally from Texas), I'm also a bit selfish I guess. I've just been flitting about from thread to thread replying to the ones that seem to first catch my eye. I don't intentionally skip any. But, if someone skips one of mine, I tend to make a lot of graphic noise (as you have seen). Is all of this indicative of a spoiled and pampered child? You betcha ...  :P

Seriously, I will now pay more attention to your posts, Diana!
And, I do apologize if it seemed like I was ignoring you ...

All the best and Happy Holidays,
Richard

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2005, 23:54:29 »
That Psyche ... she's a skimmer.   ;)  I, of course, NEVER skim  :toot:   :P

Psyche, if you DO find a link of where to send a protest, please post it.  I've never known anyone to win one of those, other than the entire state of Vermont  ;D, but it's always worth a shot.  I can't stand WalMart, and tend to vote with my dollar, but if a letter helps, I'll send it.

Richard ~ That's why I love the "Show unread posts since last visit" ... that way I don't miss anything ... unless, of course, I skim ... oh! wait! I never do that!!  ;)  :P

"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #223 on: December 22, 2005, 02:30:14 »
Richard ~ That's why I love the "Show unread posts since last visit" ... that way I don't miss anything ... unless, of course, I skim ... oh! wait! I never do that!!  ;)  :P

Hello, Mal ...

I looked all over for "Show unread posts since last visit" until I finally found it at the top of the page. That's pretty neat! (The "spell checker" is pretty neat too. I wonder if we should tell everyone where IT is too?) ...  :lol:

Happy Holidays,
Richard

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #224 on: December 22, 2005, 02:33:51 »
Serenity: There is a local group (and yes, it's a lost cause) but one has to (as Richard elegantly says) make a noise.  We are two very small towns 8 miles apart (Pullman, WA & Moscow, ID). They (Walmart) invaded the neighbor town about 7 years ago and about killed it. However, Moscow manages to limp along as they have a year-round populace.  Pullman, on the other hand (and in a different "color" state) has 2/3 of it's population (mysteriously) "disappear" during the summer (I'm thinking of pitching our situation to the networks...afterall, if "Lost" can make it...  8-)  "Summer in Pullman: Where Have All the Students Gone?!!!  :o).  Anyway, I'll see if I can find the info. Maybe letters from all over would at least lift morale. (And yes, I vote with my $. I never voluntarily enter a Walmart. Having been a teen in Arkansas...I steer clear of the Walton Family.)   :0

Richard: You've nothing at all to apologize for except the 2000 presidential election.  :P

As a Floridian...

Seriously...I do wish the link color was a bit more of a contrast from the text box background. I often miss links (or am the missing link?) as they don't jump out at me. Then again, I probably shouldn't need something to JUMP OUT AT ME in order to notice it. Time for coffee perhaps?  :-[
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 05:22:32 by Psyche »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2005, 02:43:04 »
I guess that I probably shouldn't tell y'all that I really want to be a WalMart greeter when I grow up ... :lol:

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2005, 02:45:44 »
Psyche, show me that petition and I WILL sign.
I cant stand Mall-wart.

Richard,
you must skim also. :whip:
Mine was the post just before yours.  I had read about Maho and sent the letter.

Psyche, I have never been to Antigua or the BVI so I cant comment on them.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 02:49:18 by Meg »

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2005, 02:49:58 »
(The "spell checker" is pretty neat too. I wonder if we should tell everyone where IT is too?)

What are you trying to say?  :hmm:  :-[  ;D  Too bad there's not a grammar check, there are times I could really use one! ;)

Quote from: Psyche
Richard: You've nothing at all to apologize for except the 2002 presidential election.

You did NOT say that  :o  :P

Quote from: Richard
I guess that I probably shouldn't tell y'all that I really want to be a WalMart greeter when I grow up ...

Just not picturing that  :o  ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 02:54:25 by Serenity »
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2005, 03:50:50 »
Richard,
you must skim also. :whip:
Mine was the post just before yours.  I had read about Maho and sent the letter.

I must confess ... I AM a skimmer ...  :-[

But, I don't think that THAT post was there, Meg ...
It appears that someone may have "added" a bit to the original post ...  :P

Happy Holidays,
Richard

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #229 on: December 22, 2005, 03:55:21 »
Psyche ~ Did you take those snorkeling pics?  If so, what kind of camera do you have, 'cause those are amazing!