Author Topic: Connect to Smile Playmo Weekend in Mol (pictures!)  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Connect to Smile Playmo Weekend in Mol (pictures!)
« on: April 17, 2023, 16:03:43 »
Hi all  :wave:

I got the chance to visit the Playmobil Exhibition in Mol, Belgium over the weekend (15-16 April).
There were a lot of beautiful dioramas, and large too  :(o): I really like the size of this location!

I met some old friends (Hes and Martin, who were also on the factory tour with us!)  :love:  found a few gems  8-) and had a lot of fun checking out the little details in every dio.
Here are some photos I took, so you can enjoy it with me  :)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Connect to Smile Playmo Weekend in Mol (pictures!)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 16:33:12 »

That windmill!!  :inlove:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 16:49:28 »
This was a huge Egyptian setting. I really liked the town and how they used painted foam for the rock formations!

SELFIE TIME  :lol:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 16:55:53 »
This was pretty brilliant: a Disney park parade with floats that depict some of Disney's classics. They were spot on!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 16:57:52 »

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 17:05:12 »

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2023, 17:08:07 »

There were a few more, I don't think I got every single table, but I hope you enjoyed these nonetheless  :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2023, 17:09:17 »
Thanks for posting these. It looks like a great event. I am hoping to go to Europe for the 50th anniversary next year but havent decided what event to center the trip around. Will Playmobil do anything for it I wonder? They have changed so much I wonder if they remember we all exist.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2023, 17:14:58 »
Thanks for posting these. It looks like a great event. I am hoping to go to Europe for the 50th anniversary next year but havent decided what event to center the trip around. Will Playmobil do anything for it I wonder? They have changed so much I wonder if they remember we all exist.

Ugh, I wish I knew  :(  It's so weird to me, as the adult collector's market and community for Lego is clearly thriving.

I'm sure there are Playmobil fairs to focus on no matter what time you decide to travel - those seem to have only increased in size and number over the past years!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2023, 18:11:17 »
Wow! What a great event! I'd love to get to see one of these, there seem to be lots in France, Germany, Spain,
The Netherlands and Belgium according to 'Playmobil in the News.' Mind you, I haven't even made it to Kirkbean here in the UK, yet.

Thanks for sharing lots of pictures, Birdie. It's the nearest I am likely to get to visiting such an event in person  :(
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)