Author Topic: Driveway Layout  (Read 1871 times)

Offline batrugger

• Playmo Pal
Re: Driveway Layout
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2023, 16:31:26 »
Here's the design I finally came up with. It is more direct and simpler to get the trains onto all the sidings. I also really wanted to use my two level crossings so I pushed out the track at the end. A large custom freight dock will be on the left and a large custom station will be on the right. The MAN crane will be on the spur at the top.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2023, 19:02:44 »
Wow!

Looking forward to pics with the stations, crane and trains!

And... who is the supervisor? Wanna see pics of him/her too! :love:

Offline batrugger

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2023, 04:01:03 »
Wow!

Looking forward to pics with the stations, crane and trains!

And... who is the supervisor? Wanna see pics of him/her too! :love:

The supervisor is Marcus and he’s a 130 pound Husky/German Shepard mix. He’s a gentle giant. You can see Luna, an Aussie Cow Dog, in the background.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2023, 04:50:50 »
Very nice lay out , you fit in so much in a small area

Looking forward to the addition of buildings, vehicles, running stock, klickies, etc……..

Old school Rabbit , nice , wish I still had the GTI I killed
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2023, 07:10:41 »
A large custom freight dock will be on the left...
Looks more like a freight dog what I percieve at the left  8}

Schicker Gleisplan! Da läßt sich viel rangieren. Falls es die Fläche zuläßt, könntest Du überlegen, statt des Doppelkreises eine Acht zu bauen. Der Bahnhof als Kreuzungspunkt in der Mitte und dann ein Kreis links (mit Hafen und Rangiergleisen) und einer rechts. Das würde die Anlage etwas auflockern. Bin auch schon auf Bilder mit was drauf auf den Gleisen gespannt!

Nice layout! Loads of shunting fun to be expected! If possible (I don't knwo how far your driveway still extends to the right) you might want to consider an eight-shaped layout instead of a double circle: Station in the middle, one circle then heading left, the other right. That would make it look much more interesting. Looking forward to seeing some rolling stock...

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2023, 07:54:34 »
The supervisor is Marcus and he’s a 130 pound Husky/German Shepard mix. He’s a gentle giant. You can see Luna, an Aussie Cow Dog, in the background.

They are so beautiful  :love:

Thank you!

I suppose they are not overly interested in playmotrains? When I first got the nostalgie (I only have RC ones) our cat sat in the loop looking, but I guess the scale is too large to really be very attractive... if it was smaller it would probably be pounced on...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2023, 09:56:21 »
Coming along nicely and two great looking dogs, too.

The "wriggle" factor that you get with a crossover joining two ovals adds greatly to viewers' interest and also adds interest because the two ovals are offset.  In one you can have town and the other country and sea.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”