Author Topic: Driveway Layout  (Read 1872 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Driveway Layout
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2023, 20:04:29 »
Brillenadler, Playmofire, bloß noch Brillenadler - altersbedingt :lol:.

.Spectacled eagle, Playmofire, only spectacled as I'm getting older :lol:.
jj:

Ah, I have been "spectacled" since about seven years of age, so it was very strange for me January last year when after my first cataract operation I found I did not need to wear spectacles except for reading, and those 3.5 dioptre off the shelf at the pharmacy.  It was better still when the other (worse) eye was operated on a few weeks later, although I still wear glasses now but to a much lower prescription and only so as to fine tune the weaker eye to work better and for reading.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2023, 00:08:46 »
That's a great layout. 11 is a lot for one motor. I feel like about 6 is the max I want to pull without adding a second motor.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2023, 10:19:39 »
Ah, I have been "spectacled" since about seven years of age, so it was very strange for me January last year when after my first cataract operation I found I did not need to wear spectacles except for reading, and those 3.5 dioptre off the shelf at the pharmacy.  It was better still when the other (worse) eye was operated on a few weeks later, although I still wear glasses now but to a much lower prescription and only so as to fine tune the weaker eye to work better and for reading.

That's good news, Gordon. Poor eyesight is a real burden and makes it hard to enjoy many things. I'm short-sighted, which is great for close-up work (I have discarded my specs to type this on a tablet, for example) but rubbish for seeing detail at distance - even with specs!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2023, 14:30:40 »
That's good news, Gordon. Poor eyesight is a real burden and makes it hard to enjoy many things.

Too true, Graham.  For me the world is quite literally a brighter place after the op.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline batrugger

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2023, 22:03:19 »
That's a great layout. 11 is a lot for one motor. I feel like about 6 is the max I want to pull without adding a second motor.

Yes sir, that little engine was struggling and I don’t want to strip the gears. I believe your right about 6 cars, maybe 7 will be okay. Once it stops snowing here, I’m going to add some more track and then use connectors to make it all more stable. I’ll put up a design and parts list too.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2023, 12:46:26 »
Mein bislang längster Zug auf einer Strecke mit 2-3%  Steigung war eine Dampfmarie mit 12 Waggons (die langen zählen wegen der Doppeldrehgestelle doppelt+ geschobene Lok). Allerdings waren da zwei Motoren am Start (klick zum Film):

Clip (click to watch) showing my "record-train" pulling 12 waggons (the long ones counting as two as they're running on twin bogies) and pushing a Steaming Mary - allouwdly there are two engines running to get the train over a 2-3% gradient.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2023, 14:20:34 »
Great layout, super compact with lots of options and sidings

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2023, 14:28:22 »
But I noticed your concrete density is a bit off, looks like 5000 psi and not the typical 6000psi mix for driveways . Your 1/2 aggregate is best to be updated to the 3/4 version. Also your crack weeds needs a bit of attention . Is that a 1.5 ton aluminum  floor Jack ?  :P ::)

Loved the video , that  diesel sure is “the little engine that could”
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline batrugger

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2023, 17:51:43 »
Great layout, super compact with lots of options and sidings
Thanks, I've expanded it a little more and added another siding.

But I noticed your concrete density is a bit off, looks like 5000 psi and not the typical 6000psi mix for driveways . Your 1/2 aggregate is best to be updated to the 3/4 version. Also your crack weeds needs a bit of attention . Is that a 1.5 ton aluminum  floor Jack ?  :P ::)

Loved the video , that  diesel sure is “the little engine that could”
Lol, the concrete is a disaster waiting to happen, the jack is 1.5 ton harbor freight jack, and I'll get right on those weeds.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2023, 18:36:32 »
Thanks, I've expanded it a little more and added another siding.

Looking forward to new pics!

Ich freu mich auf mehr Bilder!

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)