Author Topic: Driveway Layout  (Read 1873 times)

Offline batrugger

• Playmo Pal
Driveway Layout
« on: February 22, 2023, 16:58:15 »
So here's a quick layout I setup on the driveway to help me learn how the track works and to see how much track I have accumulated since I started buying pieces in 94. Once it was up I wanted to see a train rolling so here’s the video of my 4050 diesel engine pulling 11 cars. All the cars have metal wheels and ballast weights and this is probably right at the limit for this engine since it needed a little help to get rolling. Because it’s a driveway, there is a slight grade so it struggles when it goes to the left and accelerates when it goes to the right.

https://youtu.be/RFqyxJxM4FU

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
Re: Driveway Layout
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 19:18:22 »
Schaut nach einem gelungenen Anfang aus! Und elf Waggons hinter einer kleinen Diesel... da kann man echt nicht maulen! Das ist super!

Looks like a good start! And a wee diesel hauling 11 waggons - nothing to fuss about I dare say! Pure brillant!

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 09:39:23 »
Wow... that is... HUGE :love:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 10:12:16 »
Wow... that is... HUGE :love:

Maybe 16 feet by 10 feet, possibly narrower.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline batrugger

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 02:42:34 »
Maybe 16 feet by 10 feet, possibly narrower.

just put a tape on it. It is 15x4.5 ft.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 11:13:49 »

just put a tape on it. It is 15x4.5 ft.

Ah, so the big difference between the apparent diameter of the nearer end loops and the further ones is perspective and not that you have R2 and R3 curves at one end and R1 and R2 at the other - both ends are inner curve R1 and outer curve R2.  But that means that the width must be something like 5 feet 3 inches.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2023, 13:58:12 »
Wenn ich nach der Anzahl der Schwellen gehe, dann sollte es R1 und R2 sein, dazwischen je neun 30er Geraden. Bei LGB hieße das knappe 1,60m mal 4,30m oder 5,1ft x 14ft. Allerdings sind nicht alle Gleise ordentlich verlegt und zusammengesteckt. Links vorne sieht man, daß der Übergang vom Bogen in die Gerade innen und außen nicht parallel liegt. Das könnte der Grund für die unterschiedlichen Maße sein.

Counting the sleepers it should be R1 and R2 and nine 30cm straights each at the long sides. That's 1.6m x 4.3m or 5.1ft x 14 ft - in theory. But when looking closely you'll see some tracks aren't layed out properly. Inner and outer curve should end parallel (as they do on the right side - but not on the left). So the layout is slightly lopsided which might be the reason for different figures.

jj:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 14:58:09 »
Thanks for that, jj, and your eagle eyes.  The clarification is much appreciated.

Offline batrugger

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 16:17:55 »
Wenn ich nach der Anzahl der Schwellen gehe, dann sollte es R1 und R2 sein, dazwischen je neun 30er Geraden. Bei LGB hieße das knappe 1,60m mal 4,30m oder 5,1ft x 14ft. Allerdings sind nicht alle Gleise ordentlich verlegt und zusammengesteckt. Links vorne sieht man, daß der Übergang vom Bogen in die Gerade innen und außen nicht parallel liegt. Das könnte der Grund für die unterschiedlichen Maße sein.

Counting the sleepers it should be R1 and R2 and nine 30cm straights each at the long sides. That's 1.6m x 4.3m or 5.1ft x 14 ft - in theory. But when looking closely you'll see some tracks aren't layed out properly. Inner and outer curve should end parallel (as they do on the right side - but not on the left). So the layout is slightly lopsided which might be the reason for different figures.

jj:

Yeah the track has been shifted a little bit and I didn't use connectors, because I'm trying to work out the isolators and power. The day after the video when I took the pic, we had a day of high winds with 80 mph gusts, rain, and snow plus the three big dogs I have that hang out back there. This has been going on for 3 days now so this track is experiencing it all. I took the measurements last night in the dark so I'm sure its moved a bit. Here's a part list for you. All the track is LGB except for the 2 Aristocraft switches on the left and 4 straight pieces in the middle

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 18:45:38 »
Brillenadler, Playmofire, bloß noch Brillenadler - altersbedingt :lol:.

Wind und Schnee dürften den Gleisen nichts anhaben. Ich hätte am ehesten die Hunde im Verdacht...  8}.

Spectacled eagle, Playmofire, only spectacled as I'm getting older :lol:.

Wind and snow shouldn't cause trouble to the tracks. I put my bets on the dogs...  8-).

jj: