Author Topic: Station Master Controller  (Read 968 times)

Offline batrugger

• Playmo Pal
Station Master Controller
« on: January 19, 2023, 16:44:32 »
There’s a break in the rain today in SoCal so I’m finally getting to run my trains with the new Station Master 6 controller from RR Concepts. You can program it to do a lot of different things. I have it setup to control the sidings and alternate the trains. It has a sensor to slow it down as it enters the siding and then another to stop it. Eventually the passenger train will be stopping at the large station and the diesel will be stopping at the freight dock and warehouse. The harness looks rough, but it’s all modular and will be cleaned up later. Since I don’t have a permanent layout, the way it is setup now, I can get the track down and trains running in under an hour.

https://youtube.com/shorts/DNdWvUaFN6E?feature=share

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
Re: Station Master Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 06:32:40 »
That does look good! And it's an interesting technique to run an analog railway automatically.

Das schaut ziemlich gut aus. Eine nette Option, um analog automatisch zu fahren.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 11:03:26 »
Very interesting.  Presumably, if, say, the points are set so that the passenger train goes straight on it continues round and round  the loop until it is directed back onto the siding again, and similarly with the goods train.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 11:30:36 »
It's "spring loaded points", isn't it?

jj:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 15:20:03 »
Yes, they are set for the passenger train to leave the main line but could be reset after the train has set off first for it to continue straight on until redirected again onto the siding, either manually or remotely.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 15:27:28 »
Ahhh. The competence of reading is underrated much to often...  :-[ Now I got your point - I think...  8-).

jj:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 17:35:15 »
Ahhh. The competence of reading is underrated much to often...  :-[ Now I got your point - I think...  8-).

jj:

I think you have.  And more detailed explanations to start with make understanding easier for the reader.

Offline batrugger

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 21:37:36 »
It's "spring loaded points", isn't it?

jj:

Yes it is

Offline batrugger

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 21:47:28 »
Very interesting.  Presumably, if, say, the points are set so that the passenger train goes straight on it continues round and round  the loop until it is directed back onto the siding again, and similarly with the goods train.

Yes, you can program it to run multiple laps before going into the siding and many other things. He is very helpful, but it is a lot to figure out. There is a sensor before the siding to tell it to decelerate and then another where you want it to stop. The engine has a magnet stuck on the bottom tp activate the sensors. You can check out different configurations here:

https://rrconcepts.com/apps.shtml

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 14:58:52 »
That’s awesome

Will have to look into that device more

Thanks for sharing
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: