Author Topic: Playmobil 70348 zoo viewing platform  (Read 2818 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Re: Playmobil 70348 zoo viewing platform
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2022, 12:19:46 »
The zookeeper crew are looking wonderful Eplay!  The unforms are really nice colours & that red panda logo is adorable. I assume there'll be lots of red pandas in the zoo too?

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2022, 09:27:28 »
Oh yes. The ladies love to cuddle and play with the red panda’s.
I bought a couple on marktplaats so I thought I was getting the normal ones. But they all differ in colour and they smell a bit weird, so they must be discarded Wiltopia ones.

I do the opposite - I use figure frames and heads while drafting, and change them to the "permanent" ones when I am done (whenever possible). Exceptions for klickys that have heavily modified parts (like the Galactica ones), or if I anticipate.. issues.

Messing with done klickys is not common around here...

That is a good idea. I think I will do that once I have my zoo keeper army complete and I am content with them.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2022, 17:20:25 »
Yes, those look like the Wiltopia coloring. Nice to have a number of them, though you rarely see more than 2 in an enclosure at a zoo.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2022, 23:30:54 »
Didn’t know that. ??? Did some reading and they are indeed solitary animals only pairing up when mating.
Today I bought 4 lemurs on sale. Did some reading but luckily they live in groups :lol:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2022, 08:33:34 »
Yes, those look like the Wiltopia coloring. Nice to have a number of them, though you rarely see more than 2 in an enclosure at a zoo.

Of course, well-run zoos pander to their animals' every need.

*Budum tish*, as Macruran would add.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2022, 15:12:11 »
Thanks for the fireman keychain 70649 tip. I ordered one on sale and it’s a perfect match. Now the fireman has short sleeves ;) I found it fairly easy to erase the print with a pencil eraser.
I also ordered some matching hats from the parts service but they will arrive later.

Now I’m still searching for a reasonably priced 70295 to make an African American female zookeeper.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2022, 16:00:28 »
Great work! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2023, 21:32:09 »
It’s been a while, but I’ve found another set of the Asian zoo for a very reasonable price.  ;D the animals will have a bigger enclosure.
In addition, I bought 2 sets of the zoo veterinary practice 70900 (it was on sale for >50% off. I have a lot of zoo animals, but I was lacking the giraf and chimpanzee. So it’s a good buy for me. 
I’m thinking about making the second building into a cafe (like 70115 or 5129) or an ice cream shop. I’ll need to buy some spare parts for that but not too much.
And a cafe or ice cream shop will go nicely with all the family fun/camping/leisure sets that I have.

I’m hoping to have some time the last week of august to set everything up.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2023, 13:58:07 »
Great additions, those are both great sets.