Author Topic: Seaport and Beachtown Railway at Kirkbean 2022 Playmobil Exhibition  (Read 1923 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
The 11th Kirkbean Playmobil Exhibition finally took place this year after a two year gap because of "you know what". Diane and I went over with a layout based on the 2019 one but with slightly less track. I've posted the video here as all but four items of rolling stock were LGB, but the detailed photos I will post in the Playmobil sub-section of the General Large Scale Forum.

The layout represents a river estuary port on an indeterminate area of the Norfolk coast at an indeterminate time. Wiveton, Blakeney and Cley on the River Glaven in Norfolk are seen now as being just holiday resorts, but at one time they were major ports on the English coast. In medieval times, Blakeney and Cley were some of the busiest ports in England dealing in grain, malt, fish, spices, coal, cloth, barley and oats, but the increasing size of boats and ships, changes in the course of the River Glaven (sometimes man-made rather than natural) and silting up of the estuary meant their decline until they re-invented themselves as holiday destinations. Seaport loosely tries to draw on this idea of a river estuary port as these places might have been in different circumstances.

The sailing boats (converted Playmobil pirate ships, cloth sails courtesy of my wife, Diane), are meant to be Norfolk wherries.

https://youtu.be/Q_xn5kmrUug

https://youtu.be/OzHOhNfFXC4
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
Great display and videos playmofire and Diane, thank you for sharing.

Is there a part of the PlaymoFriends forum for information on upcoming UK and European Playmobil shows and displays?

And - playmofire - do you have any capacity for additional exhibitors (like me) to attend Kirkbean 2023?

Best wishes,
Neil

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Great display and videos playmofire and Diane, thank you for sharing.

Is there a part of the PlaymoFriends forum for information on upcoming UK and European Playmobil shows and displays?

And - playmofire - do you have any capacity for additional exhibitors (like me) to attend Kirkbean 2023?

Best wishes,
Neil

There is a forum here https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?board=35.0 for community events, but there are few of these in the UK.  In fact, the Kirkbean one which started in 2010 is the only long running one in the UK.

As regards having a display, contact Skypurr, aka Elaine, on the board.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Lots of great details in the display this year. Thanks for posting the video links Gordon.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Thanks for sharing those, they were so fun to watch!  The displays look fantastic, you & Diane did  a great job!  I bet they're really cool to see in person.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Congratulations to Diane and yourself dear Gordon for these two lovely videos of the Kirkbean 2022 Exhibition  :love:

I love the layout and all the details ! It is colourful and fun !

Thank you for reminding us of the history of your area.

I would love so much to display my little world of New Regent St one day in a Playmo Exhibition  :cloud9:

Karim :gent:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
The display looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing. I love the funny scenes you have included: the car crash and the bunny  ;D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
The display looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing. I love the funny scenes you have included: the car crash and the bunny  ;D

Ah, yes, the Bunny.  That is part of a competition where visitors have to spot members of a rabbit family, each on a different display every day.  In addition, each day there are two coloured Playmobil frogs dotted around the displays for people to find.   Some visitors are therre literally for hours until they spot them all.

The car crash in one of a number of little scenes (although some people tried to stand the lamp post up, thinking it had fallen over by accident).  There are, among others, the cat and the mouse in the wood pile, the road sweeper stroking the cat, the cat and the spilt milk and the dog and the kittens.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
Lots of great details in the display this year. Thanks for posting the video links Gordon.

Thank you, Tim.  A rather smaller amount of stuff lets the details show up more.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
Thanks for sharing those, they were so fun to watch!  The displays look fantastic, you & Diane did  a great job!  I bet they're really cool to see in person.

Thank you.