Author Topic: Wiltopia Wave 1  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Wiltopia Wave 1
« on: July 29, 2022, 20:21:33 »
Hello, I have posted a huge post about Wave 1 of Wiltopia at Animobil.
It can be seen at this blog post.
 I am referring you all there as it's easier than reposting the photos both places, and we have that issue with photos not showing up here in some cases.

In general, the thing to know is that the recycled content plastics do appear different from previous versions of the same pieces. Mostly the plastic is more pastel and lightly colored for hard plastics and about the same color for soft plastics. The sheen and texture of the soft plastics is definitely different though.

It's my personal opinion that the plastic smells differently as well. In new packaging up close I think there is a different smell that reminds me of the smell of a refrigerator interior. On first thought this may makes sense since the recycled plastics are coming from recycled refrigerators and possibly other appliances. The fact that the plastic has been ground up, melted down, reconstituted into pellets, remelted again and mixed with colorants, and then molded  - yet still seems to retain a smell - is surprising to me.  I am very curious if others also notice a scent to the plastics in this line. It is not strong or unpleasant and doesn't effect my ability to enjoy the sets. It's just a point of difference.

Many animals are different enough to be real variations you may want to add to a collection, either due to colors or paint embellishments. Others not so much.

Looking to the future, I would guess that most of the animals included in the upcoming Wiltopia Advent Calendar will be new variants as well. Same with repeat animals in the Amazon Wiltopia sets.

I've concentrated on getting the blog post done to share the info with you all. Animobil proper will be getting updated on the new additions in the next week.

Take a look at the blog post and let me know what you think.  Tim

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: Wiltopia Wave 1
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 00:43:02 »
Thanks for the review. I haven't smelled mine yet; I have them all unopened & stored away in boxes, so I'll poke my nose in one & see what I get. I think I may just display them in their packaging & not open for the moment.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 18:03:35 »
Thank you so much for the detailed post, Tiermann :)

Beautiful animals, and I will follow your review to decide which to get (first :-[:P

I still think they are very expensive, and I can't get over the idiocy of that stupid packaging :(

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 20:22:21 »
The packaging is certainly a choice.

Thanks for the review!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 04:31:30 »
Klickysniffer - username available
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 08:45:16 »
I say, my klicky has no nose!
How does he smell?
Like a recycled refrigerator interior!

Thanks for keeping us updated with the world of PM animals Tim!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2022, 09:13:19 »
Thanks for the detailed review & great photos! 

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 23:30:06 »
Why did I not expect the sniffing jokes? I've been here more than long enough. That should have been predictable.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 10:11:59 »
 :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the detailed review!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 18:20:40 »
I say, my klicky has no nose!
How does he smell?
Like a recycled refrigerator interior!

Boom! Boom!

The old ones are the best ones, Graham!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”