Author Topic: 70732 + 70733 Figures 21  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: 70732 + 70733 Figures 21
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2022, 00:42:53 »
Yes, silicone or whatever.... I fear for them. Lots of potential, I think, but we didn't use them yet.  And having no sleeves (like that speedo purple one) makes them actually usable, right?

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm not sure whether I'll have much use for them, but black and white (which is included in Series 22) are definitely good colours. I might try to use them on some wizard figures or something.

The winged warrior has great hair. I don't know if that's a new mold, but it's certainly one I don't have.

No, not new - I think it appeared in a special plus (a princess or something like that), and it has been used more...

Oh, I completely missed it. I wonder if it can be ordered from DS. Updos without holes are always nice to have.

I believe I ordered it.. in dark:
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30092053

Thanks for the part number! Dark is even better; PM uses blonde a lot for women's hair.

I haven't had much luck trying to order figure parts by part number. I usually have to order the entire figure. :(

And I added the info about the bracers - thanks Pynedor!  :-[

Haha, no problem! :D
~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2022, 08:18:35 »
I haven't had much luck trying to order figure parts by part number. I usually have to order the entire figure. :(
I've had hit-or-miss luck with ordering hairs. I've never tried ordering actual body parts.

That's true, I remember opening a BUNCH of mags, and most were blonde... by far.

True, and made worse by the declining print quality (also placement, what is wrong with those stupid machines!?)

Yeah, whoever chooses the promo figures really likes blondes.  :klickygrin:

Ugh, yes, wandering facial features. At least the molded features are always in the right place.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2022, 20:55:00 »
Thanks for the confirmation. I'm not sure whether I'll have much use for them, but black and white (which is included in Series 22) are definitely good colours. I might try to use them on some wizard figures or something.

Yes, I need it... BROWN. :P

Well, some hairs are available.. And some parts - I remember buying a few cavewomen legs...

Haha, no problem! :D

:-[

btw.. HOW do you do the cascading quotes? Manually? Cause if I use the QUOTE button, I only get one level.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2022, 20:56:33 »
I've had hit-or-miss luck with ordering hairs. I've never tried ordering actual body parts.

Well.. I have.. basically, if you want it, run it through the parts thing. Worse that can happen is not avail.. and sometimes... :)

Yeah, whoever chooses the promo figures really likes blondes.  :klickygrin:

And pink.

Ugh, yes, wandering facial features. At least the molded features are always in the right place.

Yes. At least the heads would be useful.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2022, 02:42:37 »
btw.. HOW do you do the cascading quotes? Manually? Cause if I use the QUOTE button, I only get one level.

Yes, ha! I just nest them by putting the tags within one another. I like that style to keep them together when there are long sequences of quoted messages and responses. I think it's easier to follow the conversation that way. :)

Well.. I have.. basically, if you want it, run it through the parts thing. Worse that can happen is not avail.. and sometimes... :)

I've tried to put orders through with all kinds of figure parts. Occasionally, they say that some parts (mostly heads) are in stock, but then they do not end up being sent with the other parts. I have had some other interesting things happen with other kinds of parts too, like some portions of cape or cloak orders being substituted for different style items of the same colour.
~Pynedor~

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 03:04:53 »
How did you embed multiple quotes? I only ever get one level when I hit the Quote button  ???
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2022, 05:40:30 »
The US doesn't have a "parts thing." We email in lists and wait for answers. And parts that may have been in stock when we emailed aren't necessarily in stock when the order is packed. So it is all very mysterious.

I manually add the start and end quote tags if I want to break up a quote.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2022, 06:24:57 »
No I meant how did Pynedor have quotes inside of quotes. All manually?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2022, 07:22:34 »
No I meant how did Pynedor have quotes inside of quotes. All manually?

I assume he's basically doing the same thing, except putting the tags inside the quote. You can also hit Insert Quote from the main reply, position your cursor, and then hit Insert Quote from the internal reply. You may end up with some duplicate text that needs to be cleaned up.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 08:40:18 »
Yes, ha! I just nest them by putting the tags within one another. I like that style to keep them together when there are long sequences of quoted messages and responses. I think it's easier to follow the conversation that way. :)

Thank you - mystery solved! ;)  (you are right, sometimes only one level leaves odd results)

The US doesn't have a "parts thing." We email in lists and wait for answers. And parts that may have been in stock when we emailed aren't necessarily in stock when the order is packed. So it is all very mysterious.

That is horrid. At least I hope they are better there than Iberia..