Author Topic: Good evening from The Netherlands!  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Ddwk95

• Playmo Pal
Good evening from The Netherlands!
« on: December 20, 2021, 20:36:36 »
Greetings from the middle of The Netherlands!

My name is Diederik, I'm in my mid-20's and a fan of Playmobil since I was 4.
At that time I played with my uncle's 1970's Playmobil when I stayed at my grandparents. I remember that I got my two first sets on my 5th birthday, 3041 (Jeep with speedboat) and 3925 (ambulance).

I have a physical disabilty since I was born and playing outside with neighbour kids or classmates was often not possible, so I spent a lot of hours at home playing with Playmobil and Lego. Still, Playmobil was my favourite and my fantasy was unlimited at that time. My collection grew through the years until I reached the high school age. With a few exeptions, collecting has stopped since then.

But my interest in Playmobil remained. Unfortunately, all Playmobil is in the attic, but the catalogues I collected in those years are close by. Everytime I don't feel well, I look through them.

I recently was searching for Playmobil on the Dutch website Marktplaats.nl where many Playmobil sets or parts are offered. Most of the time incomplete sets, and I was wondering if I could possibly buy the sets, make them complete, clean them and sell them. So I would like to get in touch with people who restore sets and want to know how people get spare parts. In addition to that I want to discuss about nice sets and get inspiration to make my own collection bigger, allthough I do not have a whole lot of space at my house. So that’s a point for myself how to shape this.

For so far my introduction. It's nice to have found a forum with fellow Playmobil fans! I hope to learn, be inspired and have lots of fun on the forum.
Nice to get to know each other!

Warm greetings and blessed holidays in advance!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Good evening from The Netherlands!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 01:01:20 »
Welcome! <*) You've certainly found a good place to discuss Playmobil!

To learn about finding and ordering new parts, check out the Direct Service/Parts Queries board. You may be able to order many parts you need directly. Hopefully you decide to keep some instead of selling them though!
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 03:33:15 »
Welcome to the group

My suggestion is going to …..you figure it out

When you buy a job lot that’s is missing parts, just buy another job lot .

Keep buying job lots until you found the parts your looking for

Then the random sets you now have that are also missing parts ….

Keep repeating the process

Pretty soon you’ll have a playmo-mountain  and a few complete sets

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 08:30:48 »
Welcome to this small but friendly forum, Diederik, from Stroud in the UK.

To work out which parts are missing from a set, a good place to start is the wonderful Playmodb website. You will often find that parts which are missing from older sets have been reused in more recent sets. If so, they can usually be obtained from the spare parts service (you can check availability here). Failing that, it's back to Markplaats or eBay!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 08:35:53 »
Welcome from Portugal!

When you buy a job lot that’s is missing parts, just buy another job lot .

Keep buying job lots until you found the parts your looking for

Then the random sets you now have that are also missing parts ….

Keep repeating the process

Pretty soon you’ll have a playmo-mountain  and a few complete sets 

^ this ;)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 08:50:04 »
Welcome from the Netherlands,

Hopefully, you will enjoy it in our little nack of the woods/ web.
As for advise, I have nothing to add to what's been said before.

All the best,
Mark
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 12:25:38 »
A warm welcome from the UK and all good wishes for a peaceful and blessed Christmas and for 2022.

playmodb, Direct Service (or Playmobil + as it now is) and eBay, Marktplaats.nl and similar sites will provide you with all you need.

Parts are often reused in modern sets, so keeping an eye on the Playmobil site for your country and downloading instructions may help complete sets too.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 18:17:04 »
Welcome from Oregon USA!
With COVID, outside events have been reduced these last years. There are regional large collector shows in Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg from time to time. I do not know if the collector group Share the Smile is still active at the moment, but I know they have organized some things in the past. Most of the big shows have a retail section where people can sell. That is a good way to get and sell sets and parts other than the usual online places.

Offline Ddwk95

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 21:02:01 »
Thank you all for your welcoming messages and advice!

I'll try to get familiar with the forum and keep in contact with you all!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 11:47:13 »
Hey there, welcome from Antwerp! Glad to have you with us  ;D

Share the Smile is definitely still active - if you have a Facebook account I suggest you check it out.

I second the suggestion of using the Dutch Playmobil website to look for parts in the sets on offer. Most of them have instruction sheets, with the correct numbers for every single part, and you can easily order any of those parts through the website.

It's more difficult for clickies/poppetjes though.

I hope we can help you out in the future, there is a TON of Playmo-knowledge gathered here  :)