Author Topic: Hello from Hamburg  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Sprotte

• Playmo Pal
Hello from Hamburg
« on: December 14, 2021, 17:28:45 »
Hello everybody,
greetings from gloomy Hamburg! :wave: I have to admit I can't recall playing with Playmobil much as a child -- I grew up with first-generation Klickies (yes, I'm practically prehistoric), and I remember finding them a bit... lacking. I would have liked a bit more detail, and a bit more individuality, and definitely a lot less smiling. And what was up with that hair?!

A few decades later I had my daughter, and all of a sudden we had all these cool sets -- the Stone Age cave, and pirate stuff, and all those Easter bunnies!!! I love the Easter bunnies. At last a Playmo figure that won't smile. (Of course Geobra took care to change that.  ::) )

By now I'm the only person in the household still into Playmobil... my daughter thinks I'm certifiable, but if loving the Victorian manse is crazy, THEN I DON'T WANT TO BE SANE! So there.
Anyway. My favourite themes are Nostalgia, I guess (Western, Victorian, historical figures, some Heidi), Spooky (oh, for Geobra to offer something like the Scooby Doo haunted house or graveyard without the cutesiness and the weird colouring...), and I'm still besotted with the Earnest Easter Bunny. Also, I'm into faces -- I'm constantly on the lookout for figures that don't do the derpy smile. I wish there was one with just a neutral expression...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hello from Hamburg
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 20:51:01 »
Welcome from Portugal!

Uhm.. a playmofan who doesn't like the playmosmile?  Very uncommon! :o

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 21:04:16 »
Welcome! <*)

There have been a fair number of figures without the classic face recently, but the classic smile part seems to stay more often than the classic eyes.
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 00:21:11 »
Welcome from Oregon USA!

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 06:13:49 »
Welcome from the Netherlands!!! :wave:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 08:21:35 »
Welcome from Stroud, UK. I too am prehistoric, my childhood predated even the earliest klicky!

Keep on smiling watching the world with a neutral expression!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 10:37:09 »
Another welcome form the UK -  :wave:  And I date back to 1944!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 14:50:37 »
Welcome from sunny California

Interesting that you don’t like the iconic “smile” I too can find it a bit repetitive at times snd am always looking for the angry/crazy clown faces

Looks like your collecting in a specific era , do you plan on building dioramas or ?

Yes, a properly colored spooky house  (no purple , green or orange) would be a dream come true. At least the cemetery was well designed
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 17:59:47 »
Welcome from the Netherlands !

Welcome you our little kingdom of smiles klickies !!

Mark
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2021, 20:50:13 »
Welcome from Italy, too!  :wave: