Author Topic: Hello from Denmark  (Read 2510 times)

Offline MPW

• Playmo Pal
Hello from Denmark
« on: November 15, 2021, 16:17:59 »
Hello everybody!

Michael from Denmark here. I have been following the Playmofriends forum for a long time and have finally decided to become a member.

I have a collection of Playmobil from my childhood and now that I have gotten older, I have started to buy it again. My nieces and nephew have enjoyed my Playmobil when visiting, but they are now too old to play with it :'(

My first box of Playmobil was, I think, the 3517 with a liontamer and three lions. I got that as a christmas present in 1983 or 84 and I think it was my first. The christmas after that, my grandparents gave me the 3550 pirate ship. We have the moment that I opened that on an old 8mm home video :D During my childhood we often went to Germany on vacation and I always bought Playmobil there because it was cheaper than in Denmark.

My latest purchase was the 5588 Nativity Stable which I will use as a christmas decoration :)

I don't know how much I will post in here, but becoming a member is of course also a way of supporting the forum :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Hello from Denmark
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 16:22:12 »
Your never too old to play with any toy , but playing with playmobil shows a greater IQ  :P
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 17:03:40 »
Welcome from the UK!   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 17:39:33 »
Welcome from Portugal!

Your never too old to play with any toy , but playing with playmobil shows a greater IQ  :P

^what he said. You need new nephews/nieces, clearly...

That 3550 video must be an amazing memento... :)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 20:43:15 »
Welcome, Michael!

Michael from Denmark here.

Wow, living in Denmark and choosing Playmobil over Lego :o , you're a daredevil for sure ;)
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 20:53:34 »
Welcome, Michael!

Wow, living in Denmark and choosing Playmobil over Lego :o , you're a daredevil for sure ;)

I thought the same.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 22:49:17 »
Welcome from Oregon! Do you still have your pirate ship?

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 07:33:26 »
Welcome from the Netherlands  :wave: :wave: :wave:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 08:19:15 »
Another welcome from the UK!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 22:17:13 »
Welcome from the Netherlands!

And clearly showing a wisdom well beyond his years. He might even reach the level of wisdom of Playmofire :D

Count Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.