Author Topic: Greetings to you all from Sweden!  (Read 1575 times)

Offline playmorten

• Playmo Pal
Greetings to you all from Sweden!
« on: August 21, 2021, 13:10:19 »
Hello everyone,

I'm very glad to join the Playmofriends forum and look forward spending time here! My first Klicky was the 3311 construction worker, but the Playmobil pirates have always been the big thing for me. With my own money I bought the 3550 pirate ship in the early 1980's, and my how I loved it. A few years later I sold it and almost immediately regretted it.

Come the early 1990's, I bought all the new pirate boxes coming out, including the 3750 ship, which I still have. These last years I have re-bought the klicky pirates of my childhood, and just a couple of days ago – for the second time in my life – I purchased the 3550 ship. It will arrive next week and I'm very excited. There are so many versions of the 3550 box but I think I've found the one I had as a child.

I don't have a big collection, and not anything really valuable, but what I have I cherish. I like the old klickys the best, the ones without rotable hands, where the change of a hat or a scarf could transform the figure from a cowboy to a pirate to a construction worker ...

Hope you all have a good day, and thank you for letting me join.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Greetings to you all from Sweden!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 15:19:35 »
Welcome, playmorten, from Stroud in the UK!
Thanks for sharing your early PM memories, well done winning a 3550 pirate ship!
There are plenty of pirate ship enthusiasts here on PF, but not so many fixed-wrist klicky fans I fear  :(.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmorten

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 15:39:36 »
Thank you, GrahamB!
Glad to hear there are fellow pirate enthusiasts here. And being one of few fixed-wrist fans, well, I'm glad to fill a void!  :D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 16:38:56 »
Welcome from Portugal :)

Offline playmorten

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 17:05:38 »
Wow, thanks!

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 17:55:40 »
Hi and greetings from the Netherlands.

I post silly photos, silly stories, and the occasional review on here.  But one of my interests and loves is the old klickies and their accessories.  Not always 'the way they were' (though I like that too), but mostly making matching groups of them ... which usually means taking them apart and then reassembling them so they are all one colour (or colour scheme) - and then adding the same (or similar) accessories.  I'm always on the hunt for old accessories!

I also love items (for example, construction machinery, bicycles) that were made to accommodate fixed-wrist kilckies.

And yes, it is wonderful how one could change everything by a change of a hat.  That's the way I first knew (and envied - because I couldn't afford) Playmobil.

I love pirates too- though I ended up selling all my (restored) pirate ships because they were too difficult to store (dust-free).  I'm still buying other pirate stuff though.

So: I hope you share things here.  I will certainly be interested!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline playmorten

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 19:37:41 »
Hi Raven,
I will certainly look up your posts!
And nice to learn that you are fond of pirates! Yes, storage room is a problem. Actually I have no idea where to put the 3550 when it arrives next week ... But I just had to have it!

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 21:23:01 »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 02:53:46 »