Author Topic: 70591 – Fashion Shop  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
70591 – Fashion Shop
« on: July 01, 2021, 13:45:32 »
I know that some people do not like this type of shop, but I do, and I have been collecting them all.  I wanted to buy 70590-93, but the toy shop only had this one in stock, so I will need to order the other two.

Really, this is a ‘nothing special’ one on its own, but I do have one important thing to say about it:

AAAAARGH!  The stickers!!

Note particularly those top hearts and swirls stickers on the pink parts.  There should be one on each pink part, but one was ruined trying to apply it.  They are transparent, and pretty sticky.  They also seem to attract everything.  First I got a tiny cat hair on it, and as I removed it, a fleck of dust stuck somewhere else.  Removing that, I dragged glue everywhere, caught one of my own hairs in it (still attached to my head), and put fingerprints everywhere.  Difficult to see on a photo, but the sticker ended up messier than ever, and unusable:

One of the pink step stickers was also difficult and ended up going on and off three times before its final application.  It isn’t perfect on one corner now as a result.  So I thought I’d order a replacement sticker sheet.  Not available.

And…totally my own fault, the shoe stand on the right of the first picture above is not meant to be a shelf.  I put the stickers on the wrong side!

Apart from all that, though, I’m happy enough with the set.  I like the display podium, and the rubbery red boots and the rubbery purple coat:

The coat is really easy to put on the klicky.  The boots are fiddlier, but not too bad.

The black klicky has quite striking green eyes, though I think she’ll benefit from a change of hairstyle to make her face look a little longer.

Interesting choice of hat for inclusion in this set:

And the rubbery pink headband is too big to be secure.

For children:  They’ll need a lot of patience waiting for someone to affix those stickers!  Adding a few more clothes or accessories (or sets!) would improve playing ‘shopping’.  But there are sufficient mix-and-match items to dress and accessorise the klickies in various ways.  And even a yellow flat cap.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: 70591 – Fashion Shop
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 14:03:14 »
Hi Raven - it's so nice to see you here again!   :wave:

This comment is a bit after-the-fact for your current purposes, I'm afraid, but I find that using tweezers is very helpful when pulling stickers off the sheet as well as when applying them to the item.  Large stickers like those you were dealing with are always a challenge, though.  ::)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 18:35:28 »
These sort of sets are probably quite popular with some children- my own girls loved the Polly Pocket sets where there were rubbery clothes and shoes to dress up the dolls, very similar to the PM ones you showed.

I wonder if you contact PM and request a replacement sticker sheet they might send you one, especially if you tell them how disappointed the recipient of the set was when the stickers got messed up! Staff at the UK DS department always seem willing to help when parts are missing or damaged (even if the parts are not listed on Find Spare Parts), its worth a try?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 10:54:04 »
Yes, using tweezers would have been much more sensible, especially with those transparent stickers.  After ruining the first one, I did think to hold the other two carefully by the edges, not touching the backs at all, though I couldn’t totally sustain that, as the sticker annoyingly grabbed hold onto the first piece of plastic it saw, which, of course, was in the totally wrong place.  I will certainly try tweezers next time.

Graham: I hadn’t thought of that.  And yes, as you say, worth a try.  It would be nice to have the three matching overhead pieces.  Though at the moment the tops of the walls have become otherwise occupied:

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 16:50:19 »
Great use of the shop, Raven!  Those birds are more interesting to my eye than the fashion stuff.  ;)

It's been a while since I've applied any Playmo-stickers, but I've been trying to think of a something to hold the set piece steady while using one or two tweezers to apply the sticker.  Has anyone figured that out?  I was wondering if something like a "helping hands tool" (as shown in the image below) would work?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 02:23:16 »
Thanks for the review Raven. The bird shop looks great!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 09:33:00 »
That rubber coat looks really good, I look forward to seeing what else they can do with this stuff.

Regarding stickers, perhaps cutting around the sticker so you have a smaller piece to work with then applying to the playmobil piece directly from the backing rather than taking the whole thing off first. It also would allow you to apply a corner first while most of the sticker was still on the backing.
You peel a corner of the backing and fold it back.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 14:49:46 »

. . . . Regarding stickers, perhaps cutting around the sticker so you have a smaller piece to work with then applying to the playmobil piece directly from the backing rather than taking the whole thing off first. It also would allow you to apply a corner first while most of the sticker was still on the backing.
You peel a corner of the backing and fold it back.

Brilliant!   :hatoff:

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 09:55:18 »
That is a good idea about not taking the whole backing off the sticker first.

Incidentally, I've just realised that the rubbery headband in this set, which I wrote above was 'too big to be secure', is not meant for hat-hair anyway!  It is intended for non-hat-hair, over which it clings nicely, as modelled by the conveniently handy klicky below.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 18:31:17 »
Great to see you back, and love your revies :love:

I can relate to the stickers - I am usually hapless with them, and most end up being repositioned several times...

I am curious about the coat.. I thought it would be hard to get it on a klicky... Doesn't fit others, right? Just speedos? 
(I think one day, these rubbery parts will give us grief. )

I really like the boots, but the bows put me off :(  And being soft, those are probably not easy to remove, I guess?

The rubbery pink band is meant for non hat hairs, I believe - from the Rockabilly woman, maybe, in series.. something.. and the music everwhatsit.. I think.. Yes: S13, Girls, 12. Rockabilly Girl (link on playkingdoms)

(ah, scratch that - I am late to the party :-[ )

Though at the moment the tops of the walls have become otherwise occupied:

:lmao: :love: