Author Topic: New Member from the USA  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
Re: New Member from the USA
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 22:11:14 »
 :welcome:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2021, 01:07:22 »
Welcome from Belgium!  :wave:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2021, 08:22:47 »
Welcome from Italy, too!  :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 07:40:46 »
A very warm welcome to you from Marlow on Thames  :wave:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Joshua D

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2021, 08:33:55 »
Hello and welcome from California! I also have the small castle and baron’s battle tower! They are classics.

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2021, 10:39:28 »
Hello and welcome from Pennsylvania! Thanks for sharing your childhood introduction to playmobil, was quite enjoyable to read through!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2021, 18:07:38 »
What a great story! I like all the characters: the great-uncle, the parents, and the narrator of course!

You happened to land in Germany just when the finest ever sets were on sale in the shops. The mid 90s truly were the pinnacle - I own all the sets that you mention, first discovering them as an adult who had returned to his childhood favourite toys (I had completely ignored the brand throughout in the 90s and 00s). Just imagine encountering these magical sets with the mind of a child! Lucky you.

I love your pictures, and the narratives that accompany them. It is a blessing that you have joined PF. I hope you like it here!

Best wishes from Munich
StJohn

Offline Klicky_Ghost

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2021, 04:59:57 »
 :wave: Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome, and for being such a positive & creative group of people generally!  :love:

What a great story! I like all the characters: the great-uncle, the parents, and the narrator of course!

I promise the characters are based on real relatives!  The narrator may be entirely fictional, however  ;)

You happened to land in Germany just when the finest ever sets were on sale in the shops. The mid 90s truly were the pinnacle - I own all the sets that you mention, first discovering them as an adult who had returned to his childhood favourite toys (I had completely ignored the brand throughout in the 90s and 00s). Just imagine encountering these magical sets with the mind of a child! Lucky you.

I have missed a lot of great figures and sets during my 20-year hiatus from Playmobil, which I am slowly supplementing through eBay as finances allow, so I definitely feel your pain on "missing out." But yes, the sets released in the 90s were simply fantastic! I own a few catalogues from the mid- to late-90s, and still flip through them from time to time and drool over the pictures. While I still enjoy contemporary Playmobil, I feel that they have moved a bit closer to the Mattel aesthetic than I would prefer, and I wish they would get back a bit of their 90s magic. Although the invention of "hoop skirts" in the early 2000s was a great innovation!

I love your pictures, and the narratives that accompany them. It is a blessing that you have joined PF. I hope you like it here!

Best wishes from Munich

Thank you for the kind compliments! I only got to spend one day in Munich, but still have good memories of that lovely city. Most of my time was spent a little south, in the town of Freising.
We get up at twelve and start to work at one, take an hour for lunch, and then at two we're done.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2021, 15:04:25 »
Most of my time was spent a little south, in the town of Freising.

Sounds very cold!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline IJL

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2021, 19:58:02 »
Welcome from Massachusetts!