Author Topic: Wheel chart ?  (Read 871 times)

Offline Jrodmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
Wheel chart ?
« on: March 28, 2016, 15:33:19 »
Good morning Playmofriends. I was wondering if there is a wheel/tire size chart out there. Possibly with a klicky next to them for size comparison. I have a rather small collection (for now) and thus dont have many vehicles to compare. Thanks for your time.

Jarred
To err is human; to klick, divine.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Wheel chart ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 17:01:24 »
I don't think there have been that many different sizes of wheel used by Playmobil, maybe for motor vehicles half a dozen.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Jrodmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 18:09:15 »
Ahh thanks. I guess scanning ebay there seemed to be more sizes. On that note tho, where do you see if a part is still buyable (like the wheels/tires from either the construction loader or the yellow 6 wheeled dump truck) or maybe I have to buy them as a set. Working on a Dakar style race team. Thanks again.

Jarred

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 19:13:29 »
It depends a lot on how current it is, I just replaced the tires on an old mobil crane by buying the tires being used for the Chameleon set. They aren't an exact fit, being a little bit narrower, but they fit the wheel hub fine which is what matters most. The part number was identical but I think they have actually made newer molds since the part was first used decades ago.

You can start at PlaymoDB with a search like This One
Then find what size you need and see if there is a recent set that has used it. If there is it can probably be ordered from Parts.
 To generally confirm availability you enter the part number at the ETN search on Playmobil.de if they have it there then there is a chance to get it. Go to the main playmobil.de page and then at the bottom find the link named "Ersatzteile finden" enter the part number with no spaces in the box in the pop up window and it will let you know if it's available.
If they don't list it then it is unlikely. It is worth a try through US Parts though since they sometimes still have things that have disappeared form parts Germany.

Offline Jrodmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 19:33:56 »
Awesome, thanks Tim.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 00:21:53 »
If it's any help, the German name of parts (very common for wheels and tires) includes the measurements in millimetres, like so:

PlaymoDB Part Info for "Tire of jeep wheel" -
German Name: Hohlreifen 38x20/1

So this tire is 38 mm in diameter by 20 mm thick. I don't know what the 1 means. Unfortunately, this is not really searchable due to a wide variety of spacing and punctuation - I copy the name verbatim from the Playmobil site, don't do any reformatting. If anyone were inclined to put together a diameter vs. thickness chart, I'd be happy to host it on the site.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Jrodmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 16:58:57 »
Again thank you for that info. The 1mm may be how thick the rubber is.

Jarred