Author Topic: 5596+5597 Figures 8  (Read 16626 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 5596+5597 Figures 8
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 14:45:14 »
Do you have pictures of them all? I'd love to see more detailed pictures.  :)

Yes, sorry for the delay... With the cat situation, I couldn't last weekend.. I just took pics of the parts, hope to post the review today.. But no promises...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 15:43:12 »
5596 Boys

1. Cruzader

Not really fond of cruzaders (no surprise there), but he has gorgeous parts. And the torso is different from the previous ones.

The legs are particularly interesting. That sort of neckpiece is always welcome. And I had not noticed the arms, untill I actually had him in hand.. very very nice.

Considering the parts, we're keeping all of them... Though.. me thinks we will only keep one torso, and probably only one shield too.

2. Confederate Soldier

A different uniform than everyone else.. He his pretty though.

I like the new rifle (if we had it, I can't remember :-[ ). Though the bayonet doesn't really fit as it should because of the sight.

The red makes him fit for the artillery, I think. I'm not very fond of the blue pants, I prefer them all in grey... But I think the special had blue pants as well..

Problem is, we have an artillery crew already. GAH. Another group where we need to see what we have - though I sorted the older confederates, didn't touch the specials yet.

In this case, he might have TOO many accessories... If you want to shoulder the rifle, you need the bayonet off. But he has a saber too. So.. where to put it?  Ah, but this is sooooo easily solved :D

3. Fisherman

Lovely. The colors help, I suppose. The printing is lousy. Unfortunately, not a problem with this one alone. And the torso had a blueish smudge that I think was from the instructions paper.

This is not one to have several of... the parts are kinda specific.

I think he is a beautiful klicky though, and we will make an effort to fit him on the Susanne. In his case, I even like the stubble.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 15:46:39 »
4. Cop

No big deal - a cop. And THAT hair.

Not sure the torso printing was used before. I haven't been paying close attention to the rescue klickys. And we would need to pop them to see - I think previous versions had a larger printing for what can be seen under the neckpiece.

5. Spaceman

Another space guy... but I do love that weapon - so gorgeous! I want more of those. The white neckpiece has potential too :)

In all, the white color scheme is very nice, and makes for great variety from the previously garish versions.

The torso is nice, with a belt, and space legs are very useful also for winter sports (and a great replacement for those ridiculous full diaper legs).

6. Lion King

(Ok, strange name, but.. )  A gorgeous klicky, though we prefer our knights NOT in skirts. And all gorgeous parts as well ).

The sword is great, and a different color than the highlander's.

The chainmail and shoulder pieces are brighter than the usual light metal. Which btw doesn't match the "chainmail hair" color. They're nice. The crown is also in the newer brighter gold. Just makes it harder to match all of these with other parts. But variety is good.

The torso and skirt are great. And he even has flat shoes - though in silver ::) 

The strange part - his arms. He has black skin hands (this is messy). I'm not sure if the idea is for him to have leather gloves... but it is poorly done. Usually, with playmogloves, either we have a "naked" hand underneath, or the hand is the same color of the gloves (better, imo). Like this.. looks plain weird. Easy to fix though, and arms with black skinned hands are always welcome.. there IS kind of a shortage of those, right?

We figured to keep two of them... one almost as is - but no fighter! - and make a knight and soldier from the rest.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 15:49:35 »
7. Viking

He really doesn't look very vikingish. That design, I mean. Nice parts otherwise - especially the arms! And I was looking for those arms for a long time...

Anyways, definetely not like that. Torso and arms are not viking like at all. The hair+beard combination (that they used before.. on a viking too?) is amazing. He does have that odd mysterious face, with chinese eyes, but easy to fix, so.. all good.

The cloak really works with him :)

8. Agent

The weirdo of the lot?

The hair in (not very common) blonde is nice for variety. And I like the blast of the gun (new part, I think?)

I like the body printings. Very very nice.

I think he will fit wonderfully with the guy from the giant legolike robot... But NOT with that hair (the robot guy gave up his Elvis hair too, to the hairdresser ;) )

9. Wizard

He is pretty. A better color than the previous pale green. Maybe a couple more series and we will finally have a grey wizard?

The torso and legs (besides having a really nice design) work great together. However, the belt kinda "breaks" the effect, and the long beard covers most of the torso. Both easy enough to solve (we need WHITE normal beards!). And the belt and beard are welcome pretty parts.

The worse part is the arms. They are completely off, imo (and apparently everyone else's). Easy enough to fix. And those are nice arms.

I have no idea why they gave him no cloak. A wizard with no cloak is like a Cylon with no red light (or a Starbuck with no jokes).

I believe with those issues fixed, he makes a wonderful wizard.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 15:51:01 »
10. Thief

A strange idea, not as bad as a machine gun armed fat gangster, but still.. I can't bring myself to really like him, and I think the problem is the hair. That head and THAT hair make for a dreadful dreadful combo.

The bag is quite nice though. And the hat too.

11. Pirate

He is a nice klicky, and well equipped. Though I am not very fond of that pistol's sculpt, that is probably a matter of personal preference.

He has a very vikingish torso, and the ever useful legs. Shame they are in green again, the easier ones to find, at least in my experience. The arms are also new, maybe? Or at least not very common, I think.

12. American Football Player

Another handmelon player.. I like them, but we end up with one of each... Lame for a team, but we don't really want to make proper teams (however many those are :-[ ). I do love the melon :)  And a black guy (needs new hair!) adds more variety.

The printing on the helmet is not good (as usual) :(  They really should be fixing this, since it is a recurring problem.

The legs have a stripe on the side, and the torso has printing on the back as well.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 16:03:36 »
5597 Girls

1. Pink Fairy

The mandatory pink fairy, rushed as usual - WHERE have these people ever seen socks worn like that!?

The hair looks very nice, I like weird hair colors and I think this is a different sculpt than the previous pink hairs. Besides, it is also a uncommon shade of pink.

The legs are all flowery too..

2. Guitar Player

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

BOOTS! FINALLY. What a breakthrough. I was mostly looking forward to the booted speedos. That is definitely the highlight of this series.

She is GORGEOUS.

The new legs (which I absolutely LOVE) are even better than the gladiator's, I think, because of the pants.

And the torso is also adorable (screamed "centaur" to me as soon as I saw it!), and quite detailed, in front and back, with nice tattoos... :love:

The hair is very nice, and seems an uncommon brightish orange.

I am not overly fond of the skirt (not a fixed one, a "dressing" one), but my sister likes it a lot.

We will keep all of them (though I guess all would be wasted on a guitarplayer), and need more!

3. Farm Woman with Flowers

A pretty farmer. Nothing spectacular, but she does have flat feet, and a pretty torso with very nice designs.

The skirt is plain under the apron.

I also like her hair, though it is not uncommon, I guess.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 16:05:47 »
4. Lady with Umbrella

The mandatory big skirt "girl". However, this time... :love: She is very striking, and stands out, probably because she is not pink like 544654 others.

We are in love with her hair. Not only the sculpt is great (and I believe we have ONE), the white makes it even more... unique.

The colors work very well together (and orange is not that common either!), the lace in the sleeves is a nice touch... a very very very beautiful lady.

5. Woman with Dog

A nice addition.

The woman looks ripe with potential - a good looking white torso, flat feet..

But the star is the doggy :love:

I know the sculpt is not new, but we don't have the other one YET..

The basket would probably be a LOT nicer if it was brownish instead of pink..

6. Witch

A different witch, with the usual yellow broom.

I like the spidery print, though I think it is not very useful to reuse.... Not fond of the high heels.

She has a very.... unique face. Unfortunately painted, but still very... different.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 16:07:32 »
7. Bellydancer

She looks nice, and adds a bit of variety for those type of legs.

The torso is interesting, but not really sure what for (I mean as a separate part). Since the legs are also showing skin, it is hard to reuse them (at least without cleaning, and that would be a waste).

A shame she is dark skinned (the only dark skinned "girl" in the series) - she'd have specific purpose otherwise.

The hankerchief is VERY VERY golden. Shiny.

She is also another example of the wildly varied quantity of accessories.

8. Rabbit

No comment.

I'm not sure she is not made from existing parts. We should see if we have an even number of those.

The torso has a nice color, but the silly tail.

9. Businesswoman

She is a pretty klicky, though not really "core".

The hair in blonde is not very common (though I am not fond of the sculpt, as everyone knows by now).

Best part is the computer with the playmobil site! And the logo on top :love:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 16:10:01 »
10. Clown

The hair in that color is new.. the rest.. moronic diaper pants and a suitable clownish torso printing and head. And yet ANOTHER non-balloon-shaped baloon. Is it so freaking hard, to do balloons in their proper shapes!? GAH.

I suppose she does work well as a clown though...

11. Skater

For some reason, I tend to like the skaters.. especially those who no longer wear diapers!

The sleeves in different colors didn't really convince me at first - but then again that nice torso does have both colors, so they end up being a good combination. Plus, the fact that those are "female" arms, with the pointless right+left curves makes it harder to change.

The grey hood is beautiful (and there was an extra! ;D). A shame the pink shoes and helmet. But I still think she is very beautiful. I wish she would have the same "wrist things" the other one did.

This time, no other accessories (the other had a juice pack, for whatever reason).

I think she works well as is, but not very useful as parts (except the hood).

12. Gladiator

Ah.. The other best one (there can be two best, right? ;) ). The first one I opened (having the packs organized rules!).

BOOTS. And a gladiator. With BLACK undies.

The torso is great too, though black, and not silver. Still, I think the torso is very very nice, from both front and back. My sister thinks it looks "fake", as in latex, not real armor. She may have a point.

And the accessories are fine too, except for that dreadful shield. Easily fixed.

Actually, as a "full" klicky.... I also don't like that helmet for a gladiator. Or the sword. Again, easily fixed (and unlike the shield, those are great).

A skirt (those wrap around ones would be perfect) in brown+metal would be a LOT better than that silly loincloth. It does not become her. This is not so easily fixed...

We're obviously keeping all of them, and more wanted. I MIGHT try to fix the skirt. Saxa's would be fine, but that is harder (and then sort of fragile).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 16:11:01 »
And there. That concludes my series 8 review. Sorry about the delay, but it was out of my hands. And better late than never, right? ;)

If anyone wants a pic of something else, let me know, and I will add it.

Kept ones later.. That needs to be done by the poptub.