Author Topic: TLF16 fire engine for Copt Hewick  (Read 5841 times)

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
Re: TLF16 fire engine for Copt Hewick
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 05:26:48 »
This all looks very good Gordon :yup:
Also the fake water on the pavement is very real!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 12:57:57 »
This all looks very good Gordon :yup:
Also the fake water on the pavement is very real!!

Thanks, Rob.  I think that the little details such as the fake water are often as important as the bigger ones in that they complete the picture. It's surprising, too, how often people comment favourably on a small detail.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 16:23:34 »
Hey Gordon,

I like  the new engine. The detail is great as well as the equipment storage. I've always wanted to make a pump for my engines, but to make them more US style I think I will have to put the pump under the lightbar, it's something I haven't had time for yet...  8}

Anyways, Great new truck!

Ben

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 10:29:18 »
Hello  Gordon  :)

Thank you very much indeed for sharing another one of your wonderfull custom's with us, sorry for the delay in replying. I am really fascinated with this pump, how does it work ?

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 20:42:19 »
I've always wanted to make a pump for my engines, but to make them more US style I think I will have to put the pump under the lightbar, it's something I haven't had time for yet...  8}

I think I've understood what you mean, Ben, and done a few experiments.  If you don't have the winch on, then you can use the space for it for an inlet for the pump and have two outlets and a gauge on the side of the cab.  Alternatively, you could have outlets and inlet on the side in about the right position.  So the pump doesn't stick out too far, you could drill holes in the cab side and fit the inlet and outlet inside.  (The lowest of the three positions in the picture needs checking if it will work, but a quick look suggests it would.)  In the other picture with the outlets and inlet in a triangle, the right hand outlet would be in the cab itself, but pretty much out of sight.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 20:51:52 »
At the cost of some storage space, you could use part of the side locker.  If you want to close the shutter fully, then the pump goes a bit of a way in to the locker, but by having it that bit further out you can have the pump accessible all the time.

In the case of the 3781 ladder truck, if you remove the side slide out storage drawer under the chassis you can fit a pump in, either the PM pump or one of your own design, although you lose storage again.

Just some ideas. :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 20:54:55 »
Thank you very much indeed for sharing another one of your wonderfull custom's with us, sorry for the delay in replying. I am really fascinated with this pump, how does it work ?

Hi Tim, apologies for not replying sooner.  I'm afraid the pump is nothing ground breaking in itself, just in it's siting.  In the photos showing it pumping, the black hose to the inlet simply comes from the PM external pump unit.