Author Topic: Series 8 and 9  (Read 8140 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Series 8 and 9
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 17:13:17 »
They are in the 2015 International catalogs. You can see them at the various Playmobil sites.
For the UK it's at: 2015 UK Catalog

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 18:47:42 »
Huh, does the UK not get the new medieval Lion faction but instead the Green Wolf faction of DS?

That's odd.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 20:50:26 »
Oh, that is interesting. The US catalog shows the Falcon and Lion knights but the green wolf knights are on their website too. The UK catalog doesn't show the Lion knights, but has the Wolf knights featured instead. The Lion Knights are on their website though. That's an odd first for a major theme.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 20:52:23 »
It's very strange, yes...

Those green klickys are GORGEOUS :love:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 22:34:32 »
They are in the 2015 International catalogs. You can see them at the various Playmobil sites.
For the UK it's at: 2015 UK Catalog

Thanks I did actually look a tone of the foreign websites since the UK sometimes seems to be slower at these things but, they only showed the old sets  :-[

Yes Playmobil finally seem to be showing more of their creative sites I'd already seen the Witch and American Football player seem to be some interesting figures in the girls camp as well Gladiators, Clowns, Rabbit women and Cat Woman and Mrs Doubtfire seems to be making an appearance  :lol:

I've ordered a catalogue so will be interested to get a better look at some of the figures the new Knight (stunning  :o so unlike anything Playmobil's done before), Dwarf, Mongol and Soldiers already excite me, I'm intrigued about the Wizard there's other figures like the Indian, and Policemen that  probably aren't anything particularly new but, which I'd buy to add variety to my collection   would like to have closer look at the Explorer, Viking and the Gladiator (not keen on him but, if he looks good would be nice to have another one). Interesting to see as well that they seem to have updated and released the old Soldier Zindorf?

Huh, does the UK not get the new medieval Lion faction but instead the Green Wolf faction of DS?

That's odd.

Interesting point  :eh?: I wonder why they've shown/done that, I've got to admit I find the Lion colour scheme attractive but, in terms of armour/helmet design there's probably only 1 or 2 figures I'd like to buy.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 04:58:08 »
the best series(es) for me so far....a lot of new parts & colors....someday I hope the loose white sleeves can come in blue or black (of course white is still the most veratile ;) ) ;) and the airhostess' scarf can be in yellow(the red is easily available from DS)
...now to start dreaming up an order in late Feb ;D

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 02:25:31 »
Oh some hot stuff in these series, friends! My picks:

8:

Crusader - God yes! In a just world PM would do an entire Crusades theme but this will do for now! Anyone know if the livery is that of an actual order? Previous crusaders were accurate Teutonic Knights (black cross) and Knights Templar (red cross).

Viking - I am not into this theme but I might get this one, that looks like a new shield!

Confederate - Oh HELL yes! Anyone know if his uni is accurate to a specific unit?

Green king - Looks SMASHING. Would make a great crusader king with different livery.

Spaceman - Possible, for the weird rifle.

Wizard - Also a possible. I reckon he's an Istari. Looks a little bare without a cloak though.

Ethnic girl dancer - Hard to tell but if that's an accurate cultural type I am having one!

Dirndl woman - I am feeling an urge begin with the recent spate of dirndl chicks. Might snag one of these.

Gladiatrix - Frankly the shield is a massive disappointment, and the helmet is of course not accurate, but depending on how the body looks I might grab one. They should have done the main sequence gladiators with those baywatch legs, to simulate the loincloth look. Next time....

9:

Napoleon - OH MY DEAR LORD YES!!!

Dwarf king - Very probably yes.

Mongol warrior - SWEET BABY JAMES GIVE ME THAT! I only wish they gave their Mongol figures scimitars, not katanas or European swords.

Prussian cop - No question. I crave pickelhaubes and got a puppet theater just so I could get one. I might get several of this.

Gladiator - No question, though I'll dump the anachronistic battleaxe. I notice they have followed my lead in giving Roman figures the Egyptian daggers now, not the medieval ones.

Fan woman - Maybe? Anyone know if that's a representation of a specific culture, or just a mish mash?

Mrs Doubtfire - Might get one and change the hair colour and give it to a friend it resembles. :D  Is it my imagination or are her ankles fatter than the ankles of the other figures??

In short, I might actually buy a couple of whole boxes in order to insure I get what I want. GOOD TIMES AHEAD.

"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 07:51:16 »
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already... The picture of the female gladiator was just put in their Facebook page, she has a tattoo on the left side of her face, and she's got eyebrows
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 08:29:51 »
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already... The picture of the female gladiator was just put in their Facebook page, she has a tattoo on the left side of her face, and she's got eyebrows

Yep - it is a known (gorgeous) head :)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 12:57:56 »
The picture of the female gladiator was just put in their Facebook page

Link plz?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: