Author Topic: How do you collect the Fi?ures?  (Read 3819 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Re: How do you collect the Fi?ures?
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 22:52:14 »
As I build dioramas for Kirkbean Exhibition I tend to buy most of my Playmobil to fit in with the dioramas I will be building next and because of lack of space, once the exhibition is over, a lot of my Playmo is put into storage for the next time I need it or duplicate items sold on. So, although I own it, strange as it seems, it often doesn't feel as though it is my collection, rather something that I collect to share.   :(

However, I do sometimes buy things that I particularly like, rather than for use in the exhibition and these together with collecting Specials and Fi?ures are my special treat to myself.  :)

Therefore as far as Fi?ures are concerned I like to collect one of everything and use any duplicates for parts.

I haven't got any series 5 yet and am missing a few of the series 4 males because my money has gone into the exhibition stuff recently, so I must now get on and look for the ones I am missing.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 23:59:25 »
I never really was a fan of the Fi?ures, as I like to stick to themes that I already have a substantial collection of. Unfortunately, the Fi?ures remove any certainty as to what you're buying. Oh, how I miss Playmobil Specials!

Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 13:38:48 »
I'd gues there would be quite a market for buying a lot of these figures and selling them online once unpacked, so everyone can get the ones they like.

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 09:02:11 »
I'd gues there would be quite a market for buying a lot of these figures and selling them online once unpacked, so everyone can get the ones they like.

There is! When you search eBay for "Playmobil series 5" (or 4, whatever you want), You'll find shops which exactly do that. The opened ones go for 4 Euro and the most wanted ones, like the green wizard or the dwarf even for 6-7 Euro.

Big Business...  :-\
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 14:04:28 »
didnt know the dwarf and wizard where that popular.

Keeping on to the wizard I have even while theres no magic in my world. Might use him as someone pretending to be a mage or someone who is hinted at being a mage without giving it away.  ;)

Offline sysliana

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 01:50:50 »
I'm new to this site (and playmobil in general). I just started buying my four year old some sets and there are more to come for Christmas and birthday coming up. I remember a while ago I would be in five below and see the figures and think they looked so stupid and never got them. Now... Ugh lol.

I just started to collect them and like a PP mentioned came late to the game and have just been buying out the left overs from my local toy stores and toys r us. No luck on series 1 but have gotten tons of series 2, quite a few in series 3 and just 2 girls and 5 boys of series 4. I really suck at feeling them out they all feel the same to me. So every paycheck I allow myself a 20 allowance to spend on figures and specials.

What's been really interesting is that even though I don't necessarily want all of them I've found that this has become a biweekly tradition with my son. I buy about 5 of them and we sit and put them all together and the. I hand them over. And he could really care less who they are (Elvis?? Lol) but it'd just fun for us!  He also realized how much he really really wants an air plane for his pilot and now today a race car for his race car driver lol and I've been saving all the doubles I get for his friends for Christmas presents :) win-win!

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 21:10:44 »
I only get the ones that fit in with our themes and that I like.  So mostly the historical figures. I am perfect on the feel method so no superfluous figures.
I am jealous, I am not very good at the feeling technique, our bags are usually filled to the maximum with air almost like a balloon so it is very difficult to feel much.  I have thought of poking them with a pin to let some of the air out but I do not want to get in trouble at the store.  Fortunately I have Tiermann to thank for complete sets, but then I have quite a few that I do not really want.
kaethe

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 22:40:40 »
I haven't seen them locally (I'm not close enough to the toy store). The first 3 series I tried just buying the ones I wanted, but I'm still missing a few. For series 4 (and hopefully for future series), I've been joining the co-op here. I don't collect the modern ones, unless they are particularly interesting to me, so I either trade those or give them to my niece.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 08:50:13 »
Just made an offer for some figures and knight christopher on marktplaats. (dutch auction site) Hoping the offer will be accepted.

Placed bids for the bandit woman of series 1, the knight from series 5, the king from series 4, knight christopher and some templars.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 03:13:56 »
I really like the whole pop apart feature of the surprise figures. I was hoping one day to replace all the klickies skeletons. As to the individual ones since we collect all themes the more the marrier . Some we have full sports teams, we could always use more specific soldiers, and one could never have enough aliens . There are so many great older ones we need more of.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: