Author Topic: 5460+5461 Figures 5  (Read 11273 times)

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
Re: 5460+5461 Figures 5
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 16:37:14 »
Thank you very much for the great review tahra!!

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 17:50:01 »
great review, nice to see them all a bit more closely.

The archer lady seems like a must, might get the violin girl too. Hoping to have better luck with this batch feeling the bags since last batch I wanted a king and got 5 figures and none where a king.  :(

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 18:21:58 »
Thanks for the review!

I really like the miner, but agree that a pick ax would be more suitable for him. (Unless he thinks there might be orcs in the mines!)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 20:15:21 »
Great review Tahra, thanks! Looking forward to them this time.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 08:30:53 »
Great review Tahra, thanks! Looking forward to them this time.

You mean you weren't before!?  :o :o

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 09:54:38 »
too be honest. the ninja has a lot of issues..  a completely dark figure with brights hands :lol.. the clip on the belt is blue but the belt is black.. lol

agreed mike and Tahra! (shoulder things don't fit with the neckpiece...torso for a ninja - aren't they supposed to be dark and discreet? ....belt, makes him look too.. bulky. So, changes will be required)

I still dont like his blue scalp (reminds me of those black scalp sprays for 'instant hair')....I'll stick to the black one I made more than a year back where I also made a torso with a 'mythical' pattern knowing Geobra (looks like I'm either good at foretelling or Geobra is getting too predictable :P) I do like the Ninja Fi?ure's eyebrows tho but not the blue what-I-call 'diapers'...unbelievable....superheroes?!

thanks Tahra for sharing, I'll leave the comments on other Fi?ures to the others ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:01:24 by cheng »

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 10:41:27 »
Thanks for the great review Tahra. I can't wait to get mine. :love:

Just a note about the indian maiden with a doll. That doll is a Kachina doll. They were meant to be representative of the spirits, the Kachinas, that the Hopi Indians believed lived in the mountains. The dolls were often given to children as gifts, but they were also used to educate about the specific Kachinas they represented, and as decorative items in the home to remind everyone to think of the Kachinas. So it's not really so strange to see an adult with one; they weren't just children's toys.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 10:46:28 »
Just a note about the indian maiden with a doll. That doll is a Kachina doll. They were meant to be representative of the spirits, the Kachinas, that the Hopi Indians believed lived in the mountains. The dolls were often given to children as gifts, but they were also used to educate about the specific Kachinas they represented, and as decorative items in the home to remind everyone to think of the Kachinas. So it's not really so strange to see an adult with one; they weren't just children's toys.

Thanks for the explanation - I didn't know that, and always saw kids with them in past sets  :-[

Learn and live!

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 02:43:05 »
Thanks for the close ups and comments Tahra.  I  :love: the violin player and Indian female.  They are great.  The weirdo figures reminds me of the villain in Despicable Me.   He and the "robot" are just plain bizarre. 

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 21:28:00 »
UPDATE: Finally got the missing ones.. so...

1. Samurai

He's nice, a lot of parts, well armed, and gorgeous combination of strong colors. And those arms.. :love:

I have a couple of problems with the general samurai design.. Ok, three:
- the helmet, which is HUGE, and covers almost everything
- the way the sword goes in the belt, preventing him from moving
- the upper armor is too bulky

However, I really don't know how to fix those.... unless alter him radically.

Besides the sword, he has a bow, and the quiver is on that peg in the back. He's a TANK!

So, my version, just changed the arms - a waste of those gorgeous arms under all of that:

(of course, that required a change of armguards too)

4. Mechanic

Nothing spectacular, made worse by THAT hair, and the lousy print. On the plus side, we don't have a gazillion of those tools yet, so...

I think they should have added a toolbox...

And the one to keep, with the predictable change... :P

(and this concludes the figures..)