Author Topic: Good news about series 2 figs  (Read 6178 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Good news about series 2 figs
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 03:42:28 »
That's great news! :woohoo:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline EmGee

• Playmo Fanatic
  • "It ain't easy being plastic!"
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 18:43:47 »
Perfect! Just in time for their big Spring Sale at the FP!  ;D 8} ;D 8} 25% off the entire store!
Some restrictions apply... like on the US Exclusives  :'( There goes the Harbor theme! Oh wait... I got that already!  ;)
http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Link-Page?cid=SALES_PALMBEACH
~EmGee~

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 00:18:25 »
Perfect! Just in time for their big Spring Sale at the FP!  ;D 8} ;D 8} 25% off the entire store!
Some restrictions apply... like on the US Exclusives  :'( There goes the Harbor theme! Oh wait... I got that already!  ;)
http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Link-Page?cid=SALES_PALMBEACH

i am guessing you have to actually go into the store to get that sale? have you been to the FP in Florida? I am planning a trip in June...what's it like?
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 00:38:13 »
Thanks for the news!  :thanks: I was afraid TRU wasn't getting the new figures at all :o
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline EmGee

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 09:51:58 »
i am guessing you have to actually go into the store to get that sale? have you been to the FP in Florida? I am planning a trip in June...what's it like?

As far as I know, it's in-store only. And yes, I've been to the FP quite a few times, it's about 45 minutes from my house.
Don't expect a big complex or outdoor play areas like Zirndorf. The indoor play area is definitely larger than the "store" side.
Even when I've been there on "busy" times of the year, I haven't seen the place packed with people and have never had
to wait in line to make my purchases. Most of the staff is fairly knowledgeable and if not sure they try to find the answer for you.
The place needs a little sprucing up (and these are just my pet peeves), they need to update their dioramas. Last time I was there
they still had their old, dusty christmas diorama up on display. I'm guessing after this big sale they will revamp the store and restock
with new items: last time I visited a lot of the drawers in the DS/Add Ons section were empty and had been empty for a while.

Definitely the place to visit in Florida if you are a PM fan.
And no, doesn't matter how hard you try, the staff will not be convinced to sell you one of the life size PM figures.   :lol:
I once asked the girl behind the counter and she told me that once in a while they are instructed to toss old displays...
I then proceeded say, jokingly of course, "well, I guess I'll doing some dumpster diving". She had this look of horror on her face LOL

~EmGee~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 13:55:32 »

I then proceeded say, jokingly of course, "well, I guess I'll doing some dumpster diving". She had this look of horror on her face LOL

do younger kids even know what that is  :lol: If they told me they trew out displays I would be the one with the look of "horror"  :omg: :doh: :wall: :hissyfit:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline EmGee

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 20:23:57 »
do younger kids even know what that is  :lol: If they told me they trew out displays I would be the one with the look of "horror"  :omg: :doh: :wall: :hissyfit:

I hear ya... the thought of one of those cool, rotating dioramas just laying among half eaten slices of pizza and soiled diapers, in a heap of garbage almost brings a tear to my eye!  :'(
~EmGee~

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 23:06:25 »
thanks for the info, i will be glad to hear updates if you go again. Like i said it will be June before we are there. My kids are excited to get to play with the stuff! i am excited to see and buy it!
I will be sure to look in the dumpsters when i am there!!! lol
 :love: :love:
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 02:48:28 »
I would love it if all funparks were given permission from Geobra to give these displays to known collectors, rather than throwing them away. It's such a waste.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 04:16:53 »
they should just happen to mention when they are throwing it out... then if it goes missing from the ...um... trash... then nobody needs to know
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.