Poll

How many people could make it to an East Coast event this coming September?

Yes, Definitely
I'd like to, Maybe
Unlikely
I don't see how

Author Topic: East Coast USA Playmo Event  (Read 7832 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: East Coast USA Playmo Event
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 17:45:58 »
as he went pee.... :P
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 17:47:24 »
(next line)
Said Double B.
:)

with her dubble dee's,
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2011, 17:50:26 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2011, 17:51:20 »
Excuse me? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

:lol: I believe he meant you! I didn't know you had man _____s!
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2011, 17:53:15 »
Excuse me? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

:lol: I believe he meant you! I didn't know you had man _____s!

Sorry, I didn't recognize the capital letters, double b!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 12:54:04 »
I just posted (in the wrong place under my greeting post!) some ideas about a meeting at the Fun Park in FL. That could be a big one to attract folks from all over because so many people like to travel to FL.
And we could have a smaller one for folks wanting to meet in NC before that if there is enough interest. We live in the Triangle area, Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill. For shorter meetings, we often use a room at the public library for free. But these rooms are not huge. And they probably do not allow the sale of anything by store on their premises.
If we need a hotel venue because enough folks are interested, I can check with a couple of local hotels about getting a meeting room and what their lowest group rates would be for mid-Sept.
Anyone want to run a poll to gauge interest for Sat. Sept 24th in the Raleigh area? I'll post a hotel rate after a few calls. Cheers, Pgal ;)
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2011, 13:01:17 »
Now that I think about it, you are right in that the library would probably not allow anything to be sold in it. :-\
We could go the hotel route, but would a hotel room work? ???
To me it seems like it could be a little crowded,
(and you are right, the library rooms are not huge, but I think if we got 2 of them together we would have a decent room)
and there is another problem with the hotel idea.
It doesn't seem very "open" like anyone off the street could come in and see our dioramas.
The library is perfect in that aspect.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2011, 13:11:55 »
Some hotels do have big meeting rooms that are very accessible, but you're right, sometimes the rooms are not that accessible and we might not get much traffic. The biggest problem is that we need the knd of venue you can rent for three or four days, not the kind you rent for an evening. I guess exhibition halls are what we need to look at, though we don't need a huge expo center or something. If you look at websites for expo centers and exhibition halls, sometimes they have several different rooms of varying sizes.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2011, 13:14:18 »
The smaller one I went to in Germany was in a community center, maybe that is an option for you?

AFAIK the Luxplaymodays are held in a local sportshall and Wolfsburg was held at the convention center.

There are many options and it all depends on budget and what ways you will have on generating money.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 13:19:56 »
You can look at civic centers and coliseums, too. Obviously we're talking smaller scale than a coliseum, but often they have smaller rooms available also. I know the one in Biloxi has several different rooms aside from the arena, with movable walls so that it can be whatever size you need.