Author Topic: 40th Anniversary Promo Figures  (Read 3422 times)

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
40th Anniversary Promo Figures
« on: March 01, 2014, 18:24:39 »

This is a photo review of a valuable gift I got from Nuremberg. Enjoy:

A comparison:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 40th Anniversary Promo Figures
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 18:35:30 »
Thanks for the pictures.

They look nice but for a 40th Birthday they are a bit underwhelming. Chromed gold perhaps would have made them more flashy and less common.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 22:25:44 »
I think they looks great. The problem with the chromed gold is the tendency to tarnish over time. I prefer the colors plastic myself.

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 05:53:38 »
My two cents : Geobra should have had the decency to offer these figures to the mebers of the PCC right away, instead of letting us wait till they become available (if one's lucky enough to get them-"availability" you know...) in the "special sale" again...These are the things most of the PCC members joined for.
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 12:02:43 »
They both look like good figures I'm not really into the girls and Pirncesses but, she does look like a nice looking figure and I like the style of the gold armour with the red and blue. The 30th figure looks very well presented though and it looks as though you're getting more for your money 

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 13:01:17 »
I like princesses, but how many blond princesses in pink dresses do we really need?! The gold is nice, but it would have been nicer paired with a jewel tone, like red and gold or emerald green and gold.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 14:13:15 »
Thanks for the pics :)

I like them, though I find the red and blue a bit too strong (same with the new knights)

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 20:29:11 »
The knight looks estatically unappealing to me. Gold, blue, red - I know the designers can do much better. This was a quick shot.
I know, taste can be different - but that is a strange figure for the 40th birthday. Especially when comparing to the one released for the 30th....

Offline Cloud Strife

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 21:06:43 »
The boots on the knight are new to me so I rather like it and the blue and red doesn't bother me too much once he's all assembled with helmet and shield.

What are those pink things on the transparent sticker sheet?  Are they like the jewel from the Indian lady mystery figure (like Ismene's avatar).  That would probably make it worth buying for me - if they are available at all in the US.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 21:18:03 »
Aesthetically, I find the new 40th-Birthday Knight much nicer then the version of 10 years ago (which I never bothered to get). Personal taste probably...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!