Author Topic: Review of Wedding Church 4296  (Read 6307 times)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: Review of Wedding Church 4296
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 13:47:11 »
Very good review, rogermobil.  ;)  Your pictures were great.  I agree that it would be a nice addition to a Christmas display.  Are all the pieces System X or is it a combination?  Thanks for posting.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 13:54:53 »
Thank you for this review rogermobil! The church is indeed a lovely set!!  And it also gives a lot of opportunity for customisation!!! I'll agree with you, the pavilion in pink is a little... I bought the pavilion add on from DS that suits the previous mansion better...

Keep up the good reviews!!! A most valuable contribution!!!

Offline rogermobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 14:52:06 »
Basilsdad,

The Church is all System X. It's a shame about the visible holes, especially in the floor, but most of them are covered up by the rug that runs the full length of the church. It would have been better to have some sort of stone slab floor more like a real church, but it's still a great set. I do plan to get all the other wedding add ons before they are no longer available.

Thanks for all your kind comments!   :thanks:

Roger

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 15:07:10 »
Great review  :wave: I love the wedding veil and those windows, but I wholly agree with you in the unsightliness of the visible system-x holes.
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 15:36:27 »
Excellent review and pictures, Roger, many thanks.

That church is certainly nice and well thought out by Playmobil, a neat blend of the traditional and the modern with those stained glass window designs.

TTFN - not often you here that nowadays!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 14:34:59 »
It's so tempting when you see reviews like this!  I bought the pink pavilion the other day and was thinking of doing a review. 
[img]

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 15:24:53 »
It's so tempting when you see reviews like this!  I bought the pink pavilion the other day and was thinking of doing a review. 
Oh please do!!!

Would you please (if you review it) show us how it is from above? I need to see how the roof pieces join together!  :)
thanks!  :wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 15:35:56 »
Oh please do!!!

Would you please (if you review it) show us how it is from above? I need to see how the roof pieces join together!  :)
thanks!  :wave:

I thought the roof was made up of 4 corners from the 5300/5301 house
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 15:49:49 »
I thought the roof was made up of 4 corners from the 5300/5301 house
it has a straight piece in the middle. what I want to see if there is some special thing on top and if the back is opened  :-[
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 16:16:43 »
The roof is made up of 4 corner pieces and two flat dormer pieces.  They are connected at the top with a flat piece (30 26 2490).  There are two 2 unit sides with the window mullions and two 3 unit sides, one has the window mullions and the other is open.  The open side can accommodate a clip that holds the roses.
Hope this asnswers your questions, Gaston.  ;)
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway