Author Topic: 3283 Alien Prison Pod  (Read 14727 times)

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 3283 Alien Prison Pod
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 14:56:21 »

I have to say that i had no regard for this space theme whatsoever...It was so alien to me...

Boom! Boom!   :lol:

Great review Wolf Knight although I must admit the alien theme had no interest for me at all.  It's one case where Playmobil's ideas fell flat and the theme was quickly withdrawn.  When the new sets were shown at the toy fair they were warmly received by the wholesale and retail traders, but in the shops they were largely shunned by the buyers.  Maybe they are future much sought after sets and will some day, MISB, go for a fortune on eBay.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 15:41:51 »
Great review Wolf Knight, that theme sure is out of the mainstream! Reminds me also of the old 'Lost in Space' series (danger, danger).  :lol:  :wave:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 15:57:42 »
Thank you Bill! And thank you for your encouragement!!! There is a second set on its way actually..
Hope everythink is going well with the move!! :wave: :wave:

A second set ;)? You're finally becoming addicted to getting multiple sets of your favorite items :lol:! I knew my evil plan would work.........., SUCCESS :evilplan:! But really, congratulations on your excellent taste of Playmobil adoration :love:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 16:04:12 »
Boom! Boom!   :lol:

Great review Wolf Knight although I must admit the alien theme had no interest for me at all.  It's one case where Playmobil's ideas fell flat and the theme was quickly withdrawn.  When the new sets were shown at the toy fair they were warmly received by the wholesale and retail traders, but in the shops they were largely shunned by the buyers.  Maybe they are future much sought after sets and will some day, MISB, go for a fortune on eBay.

Maybe it will playmofire...i have seen a 3079 playstation on ebay being sold for a 110 GBP....Still, all the parts are too...alien....to be playmobil. Since they never had any impact on me whatsoever, I am not up to buying any more sets of this theme and i am not in any way a fan..(hmm judging from 3283...never say never....)..well maybe i could use some of the aliens for my projects...Nothing compares to the old playmospace...it was still such a romantic time for the exploration of space....

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 16:04:53 »
Great review Wolf Knight, that theme sure is out of the mainstream! Reminds me also of the old 'Lost in Space' series (danger, danger).  :lol:  :wave:

Thank you Gepetto!! They do seem to be based on various sci-fi series and ideas....

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 16:08:07 »
A second set ;)? You're finally becoming addicted to getting multiple sets of your favorite items :lol:! I knew my evil plan would work.........., SUCCESS :evilplan:! But really, congratulations on your excellent taste of Playmobil adoration :love:!

I hope that i will not be further addicted Bill...two are enough for a project...and as i wrote above...the other sets are...too alien.... 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} 8} BUT they are after all playmobil.... :love: :love: :love:

The funniest thing is, that flat alien hair are coming off the same way as the regular klicky hair do...

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 16:22:30 »
The whole new space theme was kind of crazy.  8}
There has been many nice and cool electronics, parts, items and klickys, but all in all it was pretty much doomed to become a big desaster for playmobil.
This set is in any case one of the coolest. :)
Unfortunately, the little aliens were solely in this set. I would have loved to see them in different flavors...

Thanks for this nice review and reminding of this nice set. :)

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 16:26:14 »
The whole new space theme was kind of crazy.  8}
There has been many nice and cool electronics, parts, items and klickys, but all in all it was pretty much doomed to become a big desaster for playmobil.
This set is in any case one of the coolest. :)
Unfortunately, the little aliens were solely in this set. I would have loved to see them in different flavors...

Thanks for this nice review and reminding of this nice set. :)

best,
socrates

Glad you enjoyed it socrates!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 19:52:02 »
You know Panos, I just realized something,...I thought your alien prisoner guards were suspended in mid air until I saw the glass surface being used as a platform! That may be a future cool special effect in your photo stories!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 22:37:59 »

You know Panos, I just realized something,...I thought your alien prisoner guards were suspended in mid air until I saw the glass surface being used as a platform! That may be a future cool special effect in your photo stories!

Bill, I thought that maybe Panos had done the glass "suspension effect" on purpose!

It's very science fantasy! And, it really looks great!

Thanks for a splendid review, Panos.

I was fortunate to be able to get all the "alien" sets when they came out. (One of the benefits of being an old fart!) ... And, I always loved them ...

Regardless of what others may have thought, I really think Playmobil did a wonderful job creating their "Aliens" ...