Author Topic: 5576 dressing room - 5582 kitchen - 5579 child's bedroom  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
5576 dressing room - 5582 kitchen - 5579 child's bedroom
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:23:18 »
This is a review of the new dressing room, kitchen and child's bedroom, for the luxury villa.

The side-of-the-box picture for the child's bedroom hints at what that toy rack is really for: a modern hobbyhorse... and a cabinet, all in one?

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: 5576 dressing room - 5582 kitchen - 5579 child's bedroom
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 11:23:52 »
The dressing room

A dressing room? They've been paying attention to the IKEA catalogues  ;D 
It is a great idea to incorporate this into the new house, with the shopping mall and all those new dresses and skirts. The thing is very big and takes up a lot of space inside the (PM) house.

The dressing table has a sticker with yellow bulbs on both sides. Nice touch! Actual bulbs (instead of a sticker) would have been better, though.

A lot of new handbags. The clutches are adorable  ;D

The lady looks plain weird, as if she's up to no good. I think it has to do with her eyebrows and half eyes.
She has a new type of hair, and it's not black, it's dark brown.

This lady kept asking if she could model for the dresses and skirts, so I let her  8-)

And here's a group picture for the purses:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 11:43:00 »
The kitchen

I was so happy when I first saw that they made a toaster (with toast!) and a blender. *sigh*
The fridge is very nice too, except for the part where you can't really put a lot in it, because then the doors won't close.

The Victorian kitchen utensils made a come-back, which is a bit surprising for a modern set like this one.

The high chairs, the kitchen island (is that the proper word in English?), the two ovens, it's all very exciting. But alas, it is in pink - or fuscia to be correct. Barbie would fit right in to the new luxury villa. I even think it would work litteraly  ;)

I actually had a fuscia Barbie kitchen when I was a kid.

The white shelves underneath the ovens come in two pieces only (not four). There's an upper and a lower shelf, that's it.

Toast!!  :lol:  It kind of looks like an envelope, but let's not be too critical...

The dark green apple juice carton is new (at least to me). I turned the egg carton upside down to show you that there is no little sticker on the back. That's a shame, I liked those. You know, with a chicken on it and a green background.

The plates and cups are bright (fluorescent) orange. They seem yellow in my pictures.

The hair (again) and the shirt are not my cup of tea. Well I guess the shirt would work for an employee somewhere. Like in a pizzeria or a shop.

The glass with the red fluid is actually from another set (the living room I think). How did that get up there?  :P

Weird detail: the kitchen counter is not the same as it is on the picture of the box. It's dented next to the cooker. The notches aren't big enough to put a small bottle in, so I'm not sure what they're for.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 11:49:22 »
The child's bedroom

These stickers are supposed to go on the sides of the bed. No thanks!

Cute flags, and the slide is brilliant!
Don't know what to make of the hobby horse thing, but I guess it works.

I was hoping the giraffe would have been a sticker, but it's printed on the wardrobe door. Still, I will be using the doors of this wardrobe on the lightblue wardrobe from set 4284 (removing the orange ones). Et voilĂ : one piece in neutral colours.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 12:15:46 »
I was hoping that there would be a review of these sets, especially the kitchen.  :)

The dressing room looks much nicer than I expected.  Those flat supports for the clothing rail - are they separate to the upright wall/shelf pieces?  I'm thinking of their use in a laundry, and whether the flat pieces could be placed on other short walls.  I'd want to keep the dressing table piece for a bedroom.

Oh, and I really like the klicky with the oriental eyes that comes with it!

Anyway, the kitchen.  I've been in two minds about this set: on the one hand, I really want to have more variation in kitchens, but on the other hand, this isn't my favourite colour or style.  Looking at all the storage space though, I think that I will get it - I never fill unseen storage spaces, but I do like to have them, otherwise I keep thinking, 'I suppose the family waves a magic wand and all their crockery and utensils and pots and pans appear out of thin air.'  And that blender is lovely!  The toaster is a nice addition too.

No 'pedal bin'/surround to put those waste disposal buckets in?

Nice to see the child's bedroom too.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 12:47:19 »
The dressing room

A dressing room? They've been paying attention to the IKEA catalogues  ;D 

To me.. what a waste of space. But oh well ;)

The lady looks plain weird, as if she's up to no good. I think it has to do with her eyebrows and half eyes.
She has a new type of hair, and it's not black, it's dark brown.

MUST HAVE THAT HAIR :love:  Thank you for the nice pics.

An I changed my mind about the black small skirt. I think the klickys look like they are wearing barrels :(  AND I still find the idea (besides un-playmolike and silly) not practical.

The kitchen

I was so happy when I first saw that they made a toaster (with toast!) and a blender. *sigh*

I really want those two items :)

The REALLY important question: do the steck toasts fit in the toaster?  :)

The hair (again) and the shirt are not my cup of tea. Well I guess the shirt would work for an employee somewhere.

I like the hair mold, though we have a gazillion black ones (speedo dads, remember? :-[ ), and not enough of (especially) grey and blonde.

I wish playmobil understood that the neck is supposed to be IN collars and necklaces. These are NOT meant to disappear INTO the neck.  ::)

I don't really like the style of this kitchen, and the color... meh. Besides, we have (at least) one kitchen on mount 3.. But those items... :love:

The child's bedroom

These stickers are supposed to go on the sides of the bed. No thanks!

The kid's toys are nice (I like the white broom-horsy) ... and you were right not to use those stickers!

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 14:52:22 »
When I first saw this set, I figured I'd just get the few pieces that interested me - the toaster, blender, bar stools. After all, I have several kitchens already! But...getting a better look at it, I really like the side by side fridge, the double oven, and the raised counter on the island. So I think I'll be getting the whole set when it gets released here.  :lol:

Funny you should mention Ikea - my son had a slide bed just like this set from Ikea, many years ago. It was a slightly more neutral wood colour!  ;D

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 15:22:21 »
Thank you thank you thank you for reviewing these! Love the dressing room. Especially the purple handbag, the blue clutch, and the pink dress.

The kitchen is extremely fuchsia, but other than that I love it. I love the new refrigerator, the design of the island, with the higher counter for eating at, the toaster, the blender, it's really great. I think I may have to paint the cabinets. Hm, if I painted all the blue ones from the old kitchen white, too, I could have lots of options.

The little girl's room is only so-so. Nothing brilliant there to me. That rolling cart is based on something I've seen in real life, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

EDIT: found something that isn't really like it, but does use the idea of cords to keep things in it. http://babyology.com.au/toys/put-all-the-toy-animals-in-the-zoo.html I need this for my stuffed animal collection. :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 15:50:05 »
Some nice objects there, that woman with the dressing room looks rather mean though which does not seem fitting. Still not a fan of those clipon dresses myself since then they cant sit. It can be a good solution for clickies in bathingsuits though so they can be dressed.

Your model has a rediculously low cut top on by the way, not sure where its from but I don't really find it appropriate for innocent clickies to wear. But at least she can wear something over it.

Will you take pictures of the decorated house as well?

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 16:40:39 »
The dressing room looks much nicer than I expected.  Those flat supports for the clothing rail - are they separate to the upright wall/shelf pieces?  I'm thinking of their use in a laundry, and whether the flat pieces could be placed on other short walls.  I'd want to keep the dressing table piece for a bedroom.

Yes, they're separate pieces. You can attach them to the shelve sides, or to any type of system-X wall. The red connectors can even be positioned anywhere you like, because they can slide up and down. Does that make any sense to you, or should I take a picture?

No 'pedal bin'/surround to put those waste disposal buckets in?

No, I was looking for that too. Now they don't have a lid, which is not a good thing for trash cans...

To me.. what a waste of space. But oh well ;)

Tell me about it! Any type of room that is not entirely necessary, would become a Playmoroom in my house  8-)

An I changed my mind about the black small skirt. I think the klickys look like they are wearing barrels :(  AND I still find the idea (besides un-playmolike and silly) not practical.

Yes I included all the dress and skirt pictures just in case, but I'm not keen on them either. I understand the appeal of changing clothes on a doll, but it just doesn't work in plastic. The F?gures have a much better design for that.

The REALLY important question: do the steck toasts fit in the toaster?  :)

They most certainly do  ;D

I wish playmobil understood that the neck is supposed to be IN collars and necklaces. These are NOT meant to disappear INTO the neck.  ::)

Now you mention it, that does look odd.   :eh?:

I don't really like the style of this kitchen, and the color... meh. Besides, we have (at least) one kitchen on mount 3..

I'm pretty sure I have every Playmobil kitchen ever made. You'd think I'd love cooking, right? NOT! :lol:

When I first saw this set, I figured I'd just get the few pieces that interested me - the toaster, blender, bar stools. After all, I have several kitchens already! But...getting a better look at it, I really like the side by side fridge, the double oven, and the raised counter on the island. So I think I'll be getting the whole set when it gets released here.  :lol:

Glad I could help there  ;D

Funny you should mention Ikea - my son had a slide bed just like this set from Ikea, many years ago. It was a slightly more neutral wood colour!  ;D

Ooooh, those are great. I really wanted one of those as a kid!

The kitchen is extremely fuchsia, but other than that I love it. I love the new refrigerator, the design of the island, with the higher counter for eating at, the toaster, the blender, it's really great. I think I may have to paint the cabinets. Hm, if I painted all the blue ones from the old kitchen white, too, I could have lots of options.

It's funny that you dislike that blue kitchen, it's one of my favourites  :love:  But if you do that project, I'd love to hear about it in full detail, like how the paint job went. I have a pile of orange and pink furniture I'd like to transform...

The little girl's room is only so-so. Nothing brilliant there to me. That rolling cart is based on something I've seen in real life, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

EDIT: found something that isn't really like it, but does use the idea of cords to keep things in it. http://babyology.com.au/toys/put-all-the-toy-animals-in-the-zoo.html I need this for my stuffed animal collection. :lol:

I agree the kid's room looks like it's only half of what is supposed to be there. No table or chair, no toy box, no carpet. But there's a slide! A slide:D

The link doesn't seem to work, too bad, I was quite curious  :)

It can be a good solution for clickies in bathingsuits though so they can be dressed.

True, but they'd have to wear slippers. It never looks exactly right.

Your model has a rediculously low cut top on by the way, not sure where its from but I don't really find it appropriate for innocent clickies to wear. But at least she can wear something over it.

Sonia wants to say you lack fashion sense  :lol:

No I know what you mean, but it's meant to be under wear. I used the lady from the 4788 Special Plus (award winner) for Sonia (the shoe-less woman from the guest house add-on).

Will you take pictures of the decorated house as well?

You bet! I took pictures, but I'm not sure where to put them.