Author Topic: WORST SET EVER?  (Read 25097 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: WORST SET EVER?
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 15:33:47 »

And ...

see attachments

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 22:20:30 »
Well fans, I've been reading your unhappiness with some of the sets and thought I would add a little unhappiness of my own.  I'm not saying that this is a "worst set" but I recently purchased the wedding tent/reception and I thought the tent seemed kind of flimsy and  the round table that is supposed to hold the wedding cake reminds me of the "Bobble head animals that ride in the back window of a car!  The base of the table was made of some kind of soft plastic that causes the table to wobble all over the place.  If you set the plates and cups on the table be prepared for a spill.

That's a real pity, Janice. :(
Do you think there might be a flaw in the molding which is stopping the table parts from clicking firmly together? This seems possible to me since the furniture pieces are usually well-designed. Maybe you could write to Playmobil with your problem and see what they think? Sometimes faults like this only get picked up after a set has been released to the public, but they often fix them so that later batches of sets are of a better quality.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 11:16:18 »
The 5759 safari house, by comparison, would make a very nice beach hut or cabin in the woods - a useful multi-purpose building. So nice that as soon as I saw your picture I immediately bought one off eBay!

Got my 5759 set today, thanks for the heads-up Richard. It's a great set with various animals including a nice version 2 Zebra (one of Tiermann's favourites I believe), two giraffes and 2 lions, a jeep, 2 klickies, various landscaping and of course the versatile raised house.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 11:57:52 »
I see exactly your objections to this building - if we can dignify it with the name, having only two walls. A connection system that doesn't match anything, leaves empty slits visible at the corners, looks flimsier that either Steck or System-x, yet uses the horrid yellow connectors to hold the roof on.

I think the set was modeled after that gang of green saviors doing the tree sit-in on Berkeley Campus.

The trap door is so you can empty your latrine bucket after making sure there are no sympathetic journalists snapping photos below.

The guy with the rifle has a fake rifle and is there to make a statement against hunting foxes, the war with Iran, and honest guys who like target shooting as sport.

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 17:49:18 »
I think the set was modeled after that gang of green saviors doing the tree sit-in on Berkeley Campus.

The trap door is so you can empty your latrine bucket after making sure there are no sympathetic journalists snapping photos below.

The guy with the rifle has a fake rifle and is there to make a statement against hunting foxes, the war with Iran, and honest guys who like target shooting as sport.

:lol: :withtearsintheeyesfromlaughing
I think Tim hit exactly what playmo intended to state with the treehouse.

@richard: if there ever needed any more proof of you playmo-addiction, I want to state that -- even in a thread about the worst set ever opened by yourself -- you want to buy some more of these sets...  ...that's the spirit... :D

back to the tree-house, I think, the set comes under value in the US. I heard from people in germany, which disliked the ropeway, as it is mounted on a tree and not as stable as it should be... ...but I liked it as a cool feature in the set.
plus: there is a tree-house in the zirndorf funpark!  :yup:
plus: in the new (german) "playmos" radio plays the tree-house is a core location in a jurassic-park-like adventure...

so, once climbed in by yourself, once dreamed of watching dinosaurs from it, I personally have enough personal involvement in liking this set... :)

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2008, 02:33:18 »

They could be students ... They wear awful colours! ... But what about the golden nuggets? :hmm:

;D

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair: