Author Topic: Minifigures...clearer pictures...are they new??  (Read 13710 times)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Re: Minifigures...clearer pictures...are they new??
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 15:42:10 »
@luis.... yeah minifigures was the name of the L&%· series... playmo's are suprise bags I should think

i saw those horrible L minifigures bags the other day...L figures are so freaking horrible, they're all yellow (not sure if they look sick or related to the Simpsons) and so squared  :loco: :no: :loco:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 18:35:07 »
What do they mean with "that can be collected, assembled, and interchanged. Each Figure comes unassembled in its mystery pack, so children can put them together, or interchange its parts to create a new character. "

I assume it means they copied lego's description. I'd hardly consider playmobil meant to be "assembled and interchanged", unless the design is different. 

(Also, I really hate the assumption CHILDREN will get them, but that's a pet peeve of mine)

I want them all. And several of the Cavewoman!  (this is NOT helping my restraint)

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 18:43:46 »
I believe the design is different for easier (dis)assembly?   But the figures are all so different I don't see much point in swapping the parts unless you want some really goofy looking figures. 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 18:44:53 »
The design is different on these. The connection where the neck piece attaches to the legs is shaped so that it's easier to pull them apart, and they come disassembled in the bag, apparently. They're supposed to be much easier to take apart and put back together.

I love the cave woman, too! :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 18:46:25 »
The design is different on these. The connection where the neck piece attaches to the legs is shaped so that it's easier to pull them apart, and they come disassembled in the bag, apparently. They're supposed to be much easier to take apart and put back together.

:o

I say make that neck STANDARD!

I hope there's a way to change their parts with the "common figures". That may have sounded strange.. but you know what I mean  :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 18:48:28 »
Yes, from the pics I've seen, it looks like it will be compatible with the regular figures, too.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 19:04:16 »
I believe the design is different for easier (dis)assembly?   But the figures are all so different I don't see much point in swapping the parts unless you want some really goofy looking figures. 

But over time with the release of new series's there should become enough variation to swap parts in a sensical*  manner. L#@* is up to what, series 10?

*I do not think this is a real word
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 19:17:03 »
Wooooohooooo!

So glad to hear about these because they should be so much better than L's!!!

I really miss the easily interchangeable parts of L minifigs and want to change my PM people so badly!

First set of L's cost $2USD. in the L store when they first appeared and $3. at TRU. Then they increased in price to $3. at L store and $4. at some other stores. They are awfully small for that price. On Bricklink some them sell for $5-10. due to shortages and high popularity. Now they make so many that after the first two sets, they are not as expensive.

I would feel very comfortable paying $3. for PM clickies that come apart easily. Maybe even $4. if they are as cool as they look.

This is great news because I am sick and tired of having to buy clickies off eBay for exorbitant prices. They should not cost more than 3-5USD....unless they are super rare.

And my houses require a lot of clickies because I do not collect knights, vikings, firemen, race care drivers, Roman soldiers, Victorians, circus performers, farmers, zookeepers, the monkey family, or big fish. Yet!

Cheerio, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 20:16:44 »
Yes, I'd be willing to pay $4 or $5 for these klickys unwrapped so I can know what I'm getting. There are a few I really don't want, and rather than get those repeatedly trying to get the ones I want, I'd rather pay more and know what I'm getting.

@Ras: :lol: I know nonsensical is a word; so sensical works for me, whether it's a real word or not. :P

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 21:49:51 »

Now you're going to see lots of figures for sale in the future with lots of missing body parts ... :hmm: :wall: :eh?: