Author Topic: Volkswagen Camper Bus and Beetle  (Read 1879 times)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
Volkswagen Camper Bus and Beetle
« on: January 27, 2021, 05:29:08 »

I love the new Volkswagen vehicles. They look beautiful.

I wrote up a review (for a different blog!!) Here
https://www.figures.com/2021/01/26/review-playmobil-vw-fun-volkswagon-beetle-70177-and-t1-camper-bus-70176/

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Volkswagen Camper Bus and Beetle
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 09:22:34 »
Great review Andy!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 09:28:42 »
Thanks for the great review :)

PROFESSIONAL DRIVER ON CLOSED COURSE
DO NOT ATTEMPT

:lmao: :lmao:

I've always wondered, and I don't know if you are free to discuss... do review samples have strings attached?

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:50:17 »
Sigh ... In other words; two sets I want this year.
And my wallet is already moaning.

Still - considering the amount of detail; these are definitly more VW-sets as Playmobil.
IMHO Playmobil is more stylised/ generic (even if it is becoming more and more detailed).
It feels rather non-Playmobil to me.

Still - they are awesome sets  8}

Mark
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 09:52:28 »

Still - considering the amount of detail; these are definitly more VW-sets as Playmobil.
IMHO Playmobil is more stylised/ generic (even if it is becoming more and more detailed).

Mark

Exactly my thoughts, Mark.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 15:52:00 »
Tahra,
I'm always 100% transparent. I currently receive select sets from Playmobil's marketing people to do reviews. There's an obligation that the review and photos will be in earnest (as opposed to just taking a few cell phone pics and slapping that up on a blog)

I understand what you guys mean about the balance between being playmobil and some other toy company. I think the feel of the plastic and the limited number of opening doors gives it a distinct playmobil feel. I believe that if you handed these to someone 5 year ago (prior to any of their licensing) they would know it's a playmobil toy.

I didn't forget the BMW. Which, if I recall, was the result of a toy company licensing the playmobil look and feel to make a BMW Z4. But is not considered an official playmobil toy.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 19:45:58 »

Very well observed. I hadn't thought about this, but see that you are right. Glaringly departing from the house style, this might have been necessary to achieve sufficient turnover. The movie/tv licence sets are doing exactly the same thing.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 22:02:46 »
I ordered 1 of each from PM USA when they very briefly available (supposedly). PM canceled the order the next day as they weren't ready to go after all. The order was just over $90.

I bought 1 of each from a local WalMart today; they came to just over $70. Lucky for me PM had to refund my $90; I  saved $20.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 08:57:22 »
Tahra,
I'm always 100% transparent. I currently receive select sets from Playmobil's marketing people to do reviews. There's an obligation that the review and photos will be in earnest (as opposed to just taking a few cell phone pics and slapping that up on a blog)

Thank you for the reply - so, no strings as to the actual review?  I am often told (especially by those close to me) I am sometimes hard on mine, and that they are not very.. "accessible".... But I have decided I do reviews for playmocollectors, not the general public, so...  Like the disclaimer says, we ALL know playmobil rules, right?  :-[  (I don't get any review freebies, I was just curious about how that worked, regarding what strings it came with)

(I always love your photos, btw.  :love:  And I am still laughing at that caption!  :lol: GENIUS!)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 13:52:09 »
Tahra,

Another question about the review site - is it all your own work, or is it a collective? There's just so many reviews  :o